Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where is my VDJ8 Download?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

pranxdjPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi. In the last two months, my laptop that I use for Dj'ing has crashed twice. These were complete crashes that needed a fresh re-install of Windows 8 to make it up and running again. This also means that I lose all my software, and have to download them all from scratch; not a really big deal since I paid for all my software, so all I needed to do was go online and get all my original software, with the serials if needed. The first time that happened, about two months ago, I was able to download my VDJ8 without any problem. I have my serial no. for the original VDJ 7 Pro in my profile, so whenever I need that too, I can easily download and install. Unfortunately, this happened again a week ago, but this time, when I logged in to my profile, I realized I only have the VDJ 7 download, and not the VDJ8. So, my question is: where did my original VDJ8 go? Do I have some sort of limit on how many times I can re-install it? I should also mention that it is the same laptop, and I'm only using VDJ on one laptop. Thanks.

geposted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 3:10 pm
There is no serial for version 8. You need to download the generic version then log in when it prompts you with your forum name and password. The software authentication takes place on the VDJ servers so make sure you have internet access.

geposted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 3:23 pm
I would suggest to you that you should buy at least one external hard drive and use it to keep backups of all your software (installation programs) and of your main hard drive (an image of your operating system). Anyone using computers on a regular basis should be doing this.

There will then be no further need to download everything if it happens again.

On that subject, what on earth are you doing with your computer that causes something that drastic to occur on such a frequent basis? I use this PC every day and I don't think I've ever had to completely re-install everything from scratch - I've had it for years.

geposted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 3:31 pm
@kradcliffe, thanks. But where do I get the generic version to download it?

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 3:36 am
Try the 'download' menu (between the 'products' menu and the 'buy' menu).

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 3:40 am
@groovindj, thanks for your suggestion. I have not one, but several external hard drives. That is why I never lose my documents, music and other stuff. And I have original software of my operating system and recovery discs, and also an image of my OS on a external hard drive; that's how I was able to revive my computer both times. Its only the software that I pay for online that I have to go back online and download when that happens.

And about my crashes, it had to do with trying to upgrade my laptop with an SSD, and messing up with the BIOS/UEFI. That's what made it crash, both times, but now I did the right thing and my laptop is running on the SSD, so I won't be messing it up again anytime soon. It has also served me for years before I attempted to go in and mess up with the settings, so I get what you are saying.

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 3:45 am
Thanks @groovindj

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 3:47 am

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 10:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)