Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: numark sound (config)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I cant figure this out for the life of me and Im hoping for some positive feedback. First a little back story:

My primary controller is the Denon MC 6000 - had it from its release, after a minor software issue, which Homeboy helped solve all those years ago - I have been in love with that unit. But, I began missing turning platters and two years ago I picked up the NS7 II and then because I was tired of carrying the weight I went with the Numark NV. I have three controllers - But I still love my 6000. The 6000 runs native with VDJ, the others, while able to use VDJ, use Serato natively (which most of us know). I was so aggravated with the NV last nights audio output. It was in the red all night and the auto-gain was messing with me as well. The 6000 never does this. Ever. Sometime last year, I changed the mapping to run the volume at 50 percent less when using the NS7 II - and that seemed to help.

I started researching on the NV and found this:

A note about the NV's onboard screens: They were designed expressly for use with Serato DJ. In most situations, only the knobs and sliders will work with other software applications that can be easily custom mapped to NV. One notable exception is Virtual DJ, which has managed to figure out a way to send data to the NV screens as of Virtual DJ 8 Build 2174.951. While the graphic elements onscreen will look exactly as they do when the NV is used with Serato, VDJ 8 users are now able to take advantage of the NV’s screens, as well as the rest of its functionality.

Users of Virtual DJ will of course need to configure the audio portion to use the NV audio seamlessly.
site: http://www.numark.com/kb/article/1682

The last line is what is important to me, what is the configuration? This also raises the question that since the new Denon 4000 will be on sale starting in August and is running natively with Serato, will this a be an issue as well?

geposted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 12:39 pm
anyone?

geposted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 3:15 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I do not have the NV, but I may be able to help with the settings.
My auto gain is set to auto and my zerodb is set to -3dB

As far as setting the audio to be seamless, I would imagine they are just refering to the audio mapping.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 4:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What was in red (the VU meters on the unit per Channel ?) and how the gains were messing ?
As for the Master Output Volume, as far as i recall, its a hardware knob, meaning that you dont actually control the Master Volume of the VirtualDJ Internal mixer with the knob on the NV.
However, you may still set the Master Volume of the Internal software mixer to a lower level by adding the action ...
master_volume x% to the ONINIT key of the NV mapping.

The audio configuration is auto-created if you simply press the special button in the AUDIO tab (Master & Headphones to Chans 1,2 and 3,4 of the Numark USB sound card)
for further info please see .. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20NV%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

As for the Denon MC4000, it will be officially supported very soon http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

geposted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 7:34 pm
Dad as always thanks for the input. Ill check out those tips. I kinda figured out the auto gain issue. I have to turn the gain knobs all the way up and all the way down 2 times in order for the volume to be equal on all tracks, as well as move the faders up and down and the a/b select switches on and off a couple of times for everything to work right. This goes for the NS7 II as well. I don't have to do this with Denon products once its set, it is set.

geposted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 3:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)