Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: and again: EXPERT SKINNERS influding staff: paying at least 300 - 500 € for a custom skin please respond..!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Fruit wanted to do it.. but unfortunately never replied after initial mail contact. Too bad. Anyway still need it badly so here it is once again..

Hey Guys. I hope staff allows this because I really need it and I couldnt find any forum rules against it. and many of my requests arent implemented in the normal process PM or mail asap: djtimm432@gmail.com

I just need a custom skin, buillt for me with some specific needs. Im a fulltime pro DJ with VDJ

I DONT have the time to build this myself or learn the process of skinning. Really busy DJing and producing lately.

what I need: ( I can draw / design a sketch) and someone will have to implement the features. Then I will need to test it and some fine tunings will probably have to be made

basic template can be the 4 deck skin, but adjusted and must be very well with TOUCHscreen use (I always use a touchscreen) must be low on CPU as well

some things I need, not complete (I will design it after we have an agreement)

SOME OF THIS STUFF BELOW IS PROBABLY NOT POSSIBLE... THESE ARE MY PREVIOUS REQUESTS. I NOW KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I WANT so please mail me or I can set up a skype etc.

* folder lock & browsercolumn lock with a lock icon ((( with lock off I can edit my shit and move it around, with lock ON I can't))) now I have to fiddle with folder file attributes (read only) and this sucks. and total LOCK icon for all panes like in 7.4
* 3 decks skin + sample input deck (so basically 4 decks)
* two extra separate input channels, visually smaller for 2 live inputs with EQ etc. but visually smaller. These are extra channels apart from the other 4, just visually smaller
* a NOT so ugly main font, or choice between fonts
* a bigger track played RED DASH
* tracks rated over 3 and above are displayed in BOLD FONT
* big browser view with some deck info (somewhat like Fruit skin)
* sample pads are always visible with shortcuts for different banks, layed out differently however so sample deck or sample pads always visible somewhere regardless of sidelist
* cool (loop & stutter etc) effects must be implemented like on the newer controllers (Pioneer / Reloop)
* smaller vinyl wheels visual. Who cares?
* track wave touch QUANTISE! when you touch the track waveform in the player it quantises to 16/32/64 or 128 BARS this must be a setting
* sampler has a hybrid trigger mode: Press short = short samples, press over 1 sec it plays till the end
* bigger slip buttons, bigger vinyl buttons
* bigger KEY indicator on the player, can hardly read it now
* master deck indicator: is it fixed or AUTO, cant see that now plus MASTER DECK Shouldnt switch to LIVE input channels::::: live input channel to full volume shouldnt affect MASTER DECK switch.. this is a big one for me
* selecting a browsercolumn will immediately put the browser to the top of the folder (not somewhere in the middle sjeesj) and pressing it again should bring it to top of the folder as well
i.e. press rating **** browser collumn you immediately have the best rated tracks on top, pressing it again you have the least rated tracks, but focus remains on TOP, doesnt jump
* better contrast in top waveform view for active deck, now especially the red wave is hardly visible most of the time when you re busy cueing, the other ones must be more transparent
* some customizable visual folder shortcuts in the middle, like in traktor layout (drag and drop from main folder left)
i.e. you select a folder left, then you drag it to a FOLDER SHORTCUT PAD, when you press the FOLDER SHORTCUT PAD it shows the folder and every FOLDER SHORTCUT PAD button has a sidelist icon, making it possible to immediately duplicate it to the sidelist so you can very easily select a main folder and a sidelist folder
* sidelist must be able to automix, screw this different automix list, just confuses
* sidelist must be always visible, sampler pads must be always visible just like stated above
* custom colors like fruit skin, black and gives me headache sometimes

maybe some more minor things but main things are:
* locking and unlocking browser elements (overal panes, folder order and browsercolumns) this sh** is really not ok now
and the above

please respond as I WILL PAY ! I am the official Demonstrator for a well known brand and will not risk reputation damage.
PM or djtimm432@gmail.com

geposted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 8:28 am
A friendly advise:
It's not about the money...
I will speak personally, and not as an employee of Atomix:
It's about the way you ask things. If I put aside that some/several things you ask for are not possible, I was tempted to accept the challenge when you previously asked for a skin and I would do it for FREE. But the way you ask things makes it very hard for me to find the will to do it since you don't seam to be an "easy person to work with" as to speak...
That's VERY IMPORTANT when building a custom skin. I won't get into technical details, but in order to have a good result you need to have a good communication/partnership with the "customer"

As I said, this is just my PERSONAL point of view and it's meant to be a friendly advise. I hope you don't misunderstand me!
Thanks!

geposted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:56 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
A friendly advise:
It's not about the money...
I will speak personally, and not as an employee of Atomix:
It's about the way you ask things. If I put aside that some/several things you ask for are not possible, I was tempted to accept the challenge when you previously asked for a skin and I would do it for FREE. But the way you ask things makes it very hard for me to find the will to do it since you don't seam to be an "easy person to work with" as to speak...
That's VERY IMPORTANT when building a custom skin. I won't get into technical details, but in order to have a good result you need to have a good communication/partnership with the "customer"

As I said, this is just my PERSONAL point of view and it's meant to be a friendly advise. I hope you don't misunderstand me!
Thanks!

Hello PhantomDJ. Thank you for your reply. It is quite an interesting one and maybe you are (somewhat) right.

The thing that is quite funny is that I can assure you I am a friendly and nice person to work with. One skype session will have you convinced. You obviously have seen me around writing more posts - hence your opinion - .... However the paradox is that my somewhat grumpy behaviour has been triggered by the (initial) quite arrogant approach that I ran into many many times even when asking things friendly.

There has been quite an unfriendly atmosphere (at least in the past)... here on the forum especially from senior staffers... when you ask something they think is very simple they usually replied with: "you can map that" "create a skin for that!" "dont post here!" "why did you take pictures of your screen when you can use print screen" and made me feel like some sort of idiot most of the time. I think many others can relate to that. So it hasnt really been a very open friendly environment so far even though I think it's changing for the better somewhat now.

This combined with the fact that there seems to be a stubborn reluctance from the staff to look into several heavily requested features (like browser / pane locking funcionality or an editing vs. read-only live mode) that sometimes makes you lose "hope"... especially if you re a loyal user from ever since the very first Hercules controller (over 10 years) and really run into workflow problems as a result. They seem to think sometimes:" we created the code.... you do the rest. make a mapping or a skin" And ehm well I'm a musician / DJ but not a coder at all... so this caused some despair sometimes.

This being said... yes I have been grumpy here and there on the forum ( being an ex Roland Dance Gear synth beta tester / Cakewalk Sonar beta tester and much more but still having the feeling not being taken seriously over here most of the time... and not understanding the syntax well enough
)
and of course writing doesn't really give you the full spectrum of emotions / body language etc. so things can easily be taken out of context / proportion.

but hey thats the past! I have been more positive lately and thanked staff very much for the star rating improvement

The reason I sometimes had to "raise my voice" was simply to be "heard" - i.e. the star rating stuff in which I personally took the time and effort to investigate, send files and yes.... even though staff was at first quite "mweh what is it this time".... they actually found that I was right and had to correct it in update 2345 http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/201648/x/

for which I thanked them quite kindly " woohoo! Finally ... love you guys! ;-) thanks a lot!! "

So If my behaviour on the forum has led you to your opinion I very much regret that and maybe I even should apologize then. Above I mentioned what got me into this vibe.. But I'm quite ready and eager to be more positive and grateful since I actually make a full living of working with Virtual DJ! (for over 3 years now)

So if you would still be interested in developing the skin I have in mind... (for cash or gratitude or a combination of those) I would be very very happy to work with you in a positive, non-diva and constructive way. Please be aware that I have both featured and edited several videos promoting VirtualDJ in the recent past and they have been heavily featured on your FB page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmg-HY5sD6Y https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JpRUhhWvA

Please I hope you can reconsider your position and mail me at djtimm432@gmail.com since I think it will be a very good and useful skin to others as well. and of course my gratitude will immensely bless you ;-)

best regards, Timm

geposted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 6:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)