Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: incorrect wave form colors in VDJ8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

For my VDJ7 skin I had nice blue and red colors for each deck. The buttons and the wave forms all were very crisp.

Now I'm adapting my skin to VDJ8 and what do I see? My red wave is now pink-ish! Although I inserted the correct html code. And it is white-ish at the core, something I never liked and removed in VDJ7 by making the two wave colors for each deck the same. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong, but this seems not to be possible in VDJ8.

So, what's my question?

Can I determine the colors of the wave forms freely - like in VDJ7 - or is that now - in VDJ8 - restricted?

AND: Can I avoid the two colored waves (brighter center) or is that mandatory now in VDJ8?

ALSO: I put fade=0 in the rhythmzone line, but the grid blocks are still faded out to the right. Is there any other setting that can avoid this?

AND FINALLY: How can I get rid of that UGLY shaded overlay with that white line near the end (that's right: it's not even on the edge) to indicate the played section of the song???

Someone HELP ME out of my misery!
;)

geposted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 3:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For the <scratchwave> (haven't used to be honest, so may not work. Found these in some of my notes)
It accepts two parameters:
color and color2.
If color is 'full' then it forces the wave to colored waveform, even if this option is disabled in config.
Otherwise, color and color2 are the 2 colors used for the non-colored waveform.

For <songpos>
Can accept colorPlayed, colorBass, colorMed, colorHigh
For multi-colored waveforms, it is not possible to modify the colors. so the parameters will only apply in the monochrome mode.

The fading for the grids is hardcoded. Cant be removed/changed

Shading in songpos is also hardcoded. Cant be removed/changed

Note: Please use the Skins forum for such detailed and specialized issues. Not everyone is interested in Skin discussions ;)
Thanks

geposted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 7:08 pm
As always, thank you for your input, DJDAD!
:)

I don't understand why Atomix would HARDCODE the shading in wave forms and the played position of songpos? Less customization... That's seems like a step back from VDJ7, not an advancement...

I liked the way VDJ7 displayed the songpos in two colors (I had a darker red or blue for the complete song and a brighter one for the played section). I hate (that's obvious) the way VDJ8 forces a shaded field on top of the wave... with a displaced white line at the end! How can you HARDCODE this in the most customizable (and popular because of it) deejaying software on the market? WHY would you do such a thing?

Now, I have no choice but to return to VDJ7 (and that's very difficult for me, because I switched to 8 because my custom sample pad won't work correctly in 7 because certain script commands don't work as a query)... Silly? I have to look at those wave forms every single time I turn on my deejaying computer!!!

All those who read this and are smiling: for me, this is not funny. I once bought VDJ because of it's custumization possibilities. Yes, that's the kind of DJ (and person) I am. I like to be able to control everything. I have ONLY those controls in sight that I use. And I like to work with a easy-on-eyes interface. No loud colors, no multi-colored wave forms. This is ESSENTIAL for me, for my "well-being" while deejaying...

@DJDAD: I would pay you for a customized (as in: slightly hacked) version of VDJ8 (without the right to any updates, logically) where the waveforms customization is like in VDJ7. This is no joke. Awaiting impatiently your answer...

P.S. You can move this post to the correct forum, if you like. I apologize for the inconvenience.

geposted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 3:01 am
So with some experimenting, I've got ALMOST the "good old" waveform behaviour...
For anyone interested: In settings I selected monochrome waveforms. In the skin I made all the songpos colors the same, except for the played one, which I made black. Result? One-colored waveforms, with a darker shade of the waveform color for the played section of the song and no "shaded overlay screen" visible. The ONLY thing that is missing is the elimination (or skin-suitable coloring) of that WHITE LINE near the end of the played section...

@DJDAD: would it be an "easy to achieve" hack to change the color of that line to green? Like for instance changing the name of a color (from "white" to "green") with ResourceHacker? (OMG, now I've resorted to asking hacking questions to the devs... What next? If I'm not careful, I'll be excommunicated!!!). I could live with that line, if so... And I could stay with VDJ8 (which I would now very much prefer... because... once tasted, you don't ever wanna go back!!! LOL)

geposted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 7:10 am
Over mine too...
:(

geposted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 12:40 pm
(I'm gonna get thrown out of this forum...)

Can anyone tell me (if you're shy, just PM or email me) how to hack the VDJ software to eliminate the shadow and white postion line on the songpos waveform?

@ the devs: sorry for this illegal suggestion but I'm desperate...

geposted Sat 29 Aug 15 @ 5:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You just can't :) Simple as that

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 4:51 am
YES SIR!!!
(saluting)

Just kidding. But still...
It's... a bit inflexible - for such a flexible software I mean - and a step back - in terms of customization - from the former version of VDJ, the most customizable deejing software on the planet...

Could you tell me, Babis, WHY Atomix would decide to make the software LESS customizable? What is the advantage here?
('cause I only see disadvantage...)
If you please...

geposted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 8:32 am
For anyone reading this thread: the title was about blending wave colors in the rhythm element. I just found out that you can simply put the old VDJ7 code with selectable colors in your VDJ8 skin and voilá: back are the crisp, non-blending (if you want) wave colors. PLUS the grid makers aren't shaded (fading out effect) anymore!!! I haven't found any problems with this yet, but if you do, let us know!

Now, if we could only get rid of that ugly white line and the shadow in front, so that we can see clearly again where we are in the song...

geposted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 3:59 pm
FYI the old code doesn't display properly* when the skin is used on Macs. Instead there's just a block of colour (no waveform).

* AFAIK it's still true. I doubt if Atomix will fix it because they'd prefer the new code to be used.

geposted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 4:40 pm
Lucky me: I'm on PC!
:)

geposted Wed 02 Sep 15 @ 5:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)