Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: dns1200

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have 2 dns1200 and am unable to use separate volumes on my mixer. The both run through deck 2 I want to have separate volume control and use the sound cards from the players directly to my mixer

With this is there something in the settings I'm overlooking

geposted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 5:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Perhaps a screenshot of your current audio configuration would help, if you could post here.

geposted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 11:04 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I hope you have the simple audio wiring right !

Use Denon asio driver 2.22 for a 64bit operating system, and 1.01 for a 32bit.
Note : In the Denon asio driver software window ensure both CDJ's are enabled. Often only one is enabled on startup.

On the CDJ's themselves ensure both are set to midi channel "1", and the unit numbers are "1", and "2" respectively. "All" does work but things become less clear on your laptop. See the Denon manual for further information. It needs to be studied.

These are your VDJ8 audio settings.

deck 1----------------DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO)----------------------- Chan 1&2
deck 2----------------DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO)----------------------- Chan 3&4
deck 3----------------DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO)----------------------- Chan 1&2
deck 4----------------DENON DJ ASIO Driver (ASIO)----------------------- Chan 3&4

To the right of these settings there are little arrows to switch sound cards so that your left CDJ corresponds to the left VDJ8 decks.

In the VDJ8 controller setup you will find your two CDJ's in the top left window.
If you select one, then to the right you will find a box to set it as VDJ deck 1 or 2. Obviously if they're both set to "1" or "2" things will not work. Switching "1" and "2" is important to get your left CDJ to correspond to the left VDJ8 decks, and the same for the right.

I'd recommend pairing these compact decks, which are ideal for a mobile, with the Akai APC mini.
There is a nice mapping to suit, and the possibilites are looking beyond my ability.
I do "sort of nice" live remixes, but much more is possible !

This low cost combination offers a lot of possibilities for our creative young people.

Note that with these decks you can practice traditional skills, as well as controllerism.

geposted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 11:52 am

geposted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 12:40 pm
In addition to what I have mention there is one more possible problem.
I have two identical laptops which differed only by the installed software.
Anyway, one would detect the two CDJ's, the other detected just one CDJ!
I just cloned the working HDD, and stuck the clone in my problem laptop.

I'm used to solving my own problems, but I really should have passed this on to the staff.
It might have helped people.
I could only do a work around, finding the cause might have been important.

geposted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 6:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)