Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Run audio fx on sampler

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I wonder if there's a way to use audio fx on the sampler without having to run them on a deck fx ?

geposted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 7:43 pm
Sure, on the master but as I'm sure you already know it'll effect everything on the master......

And not all of the fx's will work on the sampler when ran over a deck..

geposted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 8:01 pm
Hi beat, I was more looking for a way to add FX to the sampler, not decks nor master, but as far as I know there are only deck/master FX possible.
How sweet it should be to have a local sampler FX unit, that only control sampler and nothing else.
Like: A sweeping filter on a drum rhythm, reverb, some echos... :)

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 6:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Assigning Sampler to a deck is very easy though, and will take you only a few seconds.
If you run an audio configuration with Master & Headphones, all you need to do is to use a skin with a couple extra decks.. (e.g. in case you regularly use 2 decks, use the 4 decks skin) and assign Sampler to a spare deck from the Sampler Options
Then enable the option "Apply Effects"

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:15 am
Yes, I was told this was an option. Seems interesting.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 12:49 pm
That is exactly what I said in the first place, lmmfao!!

If.you want fx's on your samples run them through a deck but just know NOT every fx works on the samples.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 4:09 pm
Yes I know, beat. But that was not the goal for this thread to come up with the same solution, in that case I wouldn't start a new thread.
Maybe this should be placed in the wishlist for future sampler features... (Yes, I know there is a special place for that)
I was looking for a way to add sampler FX without having to use the deck FX, but I get that it's not possible for the moment!
The drawback of using a 4-deck skin just to have the sampler ran through FX, is a price to pay with limited browser area. I would need a 4-deck skin with 2 decks hidden LOL

Yes, of course not all FX works on the sampler, just the "DSP" operated ones, comes naturally for me.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could use a 2 deck skin and just edit the XML, changing the number of decks from 2 to 3. That then ensures a third deck is always available.

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:22 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You could use a 2 deck skin and just edit the XML, changing the number of decks from 2 to 3. That then ensures a third deck is always available.

Now we're talking! is it that simple to create support for a 3rd deck hidden?

geposted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yup!

geposted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 1:39 pm
This is sooo sweet. I have now a sampler deck 3 running in a 2-deck skin "behind the scenes". LOL
My MC6000 is mapped to control sweeping filter and other audio FX. Totally awesome!!

geposted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 8:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)