Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Confused on new VDJ set Up

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys I'm trying to set up a DJM 2000 nexus mixer & 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus players into VDJ on Windows but am a little confused on setting up the audio settings.

At the moment I have :
1. The Mixer connected via usb to the PC and software installed but does not control anything on VDJ faders etc
2. The CDJ's connected to the PC via usb leads and they are controlling VDJ ok. The CDJ's are also connected to the mixer via usb and software has also been installed and the are in 'controller' mode

So question is how do I set this up in the audio settings to get it to work?

When I open VDJ I get the 'New Device Found' message do I select use Soundcard?

My end result being I want to be able to use VDJ broadcast for my radio show so is there anything else I need to configure audio wise to get this to work. i.e. mic etc

Really appreciate any advice you can offer

Many thanks

geposted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 11:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
soulboy1970 wrote :
1. The Mixer connected via usb to the PC and software installed but does not control anything on VDJ faders etc

PM me. We can come up with mapping files

soulboy1970 wrote :
... The CDJ's are also connected to the mixer via usb ...
CDJs with mixer probably need RCA cables , no ?

soulboy1970 wrote :
My end result being I want to be able to use VDJ broadcast for my radio show

Have all units connected to USB with computer and CDJs with RCA to the mixer.
Use the sound card of the mixer (ASIO). You may need to install drivers.
Open the Control panel of the Mixer. there should probably be some Input to set for Recording. Most of the recent Pioneer mixers have this fearure.
Once you find that Input, add it to the Sound setup of Virtualdj.
So you will have something like..
Deck 1... DJM ASIO .. chans 1,2
Deck 2... DJM ASIO .. chans 3,4
Deck 3... DJM ASIO .. chans 5,6
Deck 4... DJM ASIO .. chans 7,8
record.. DJM ASIO .. chans 9,10 (its just an example , could be chans 7.8) This will help you to record/broadcst including MICs.

geposted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 2:32 am
Thanks DjDad, I will PM you on the mapping in a moment.

CDJ's are connected to the mixer with RCA's and Network cables (NOT usb's as I incorrectly wrote in the OP - sorry)
all units connected to the PC via usb. VDJ does 'see' them so I know the cables / connections are good.

Thanks for the confirmation on using the soundcard and all the latest drivers for the mixer & cdj's is installed and confirmed as up to date.

I will look into the control panel option on the mixer to see what I can find out but I'm not sure what you mean with regard to what I am actually looking for in here would you be able to expand on that bit please?

Many thanks for your help

geposted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 2:46 am

geposted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 2:52 am
I did see that earlier while I was searching for a solution but can't seem to find a window like that in the setting utility in the DJM folder. All I have is what is shown in this video at about 20 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnFdZSA0zL8

geposted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 3:09 am
Ok after some data i received, we realized that the DJM-2000NXS is an identical unit to DJM-2000. Same MIDI and AUDIO data. This means that the DJM-2000NXS is considered natively supported in VirtualDJ 8, same as the DJM-2000.

As for the Audio setup.
It seems that both mixers still have the old audio Utilities, so they offer just 4 stereo Outputs.
The Utility offers a choice to turn the audio interface into a 3out/1in, mostly used for software recording.
In this case (and that is left to be investigated), the Audio Setup should be something like..
Deck 1.. DJM-ASIO.. Chan3,4
Deck 2.. DJM-ASIO.. Chan5,6
Deck 3.. DJM-ASIO.. Chan1,2
record.. DJM ASIO.. Chans x,x (could be any combination, try 1,2 or other pairs)

Probably the last 4th mixer channel needs to be turned to ANALOG source (instead of USB). There is also a chance that the Input uses the 1st CH mixer , not sure.

Let us know if you manage to resolve this.

geposted Thu 04 Feb 16 @ 11:16 pm
Hi Thanks for the update. So as it stands tonight I have managed to get everything working, Audio & mapping wise although the settings are nothing like what is posted above.

The only issue I seem to have now is that the CDJ's are putting tracks onto the wrong VDJ deck. i.e The left cdj loads tracks onto deck 2 of VDJ and the right cdj loads onto deck 1 of VDJ.
The CDJ's themselves are numbered 2 & 3 in relation to the mixer channel's they are on

Any idea how to switch them around otherwise it will make for some interesting mixing lol !!

geposted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 8:53 pm
You can change the mixer channel order using the menu you will find in the 4 Decks skin (small button right above the audio crossfader)

geposted Fri 05 Feb 16 @ 9:49 pm
Hi tried all that but with no joy sadly. I just need to get these CDJ's to load tracks on the right VDJ decks and everything will be sorted.

for clarity the left positioned CDJ numbered 2 on the CDJ lcd panel and in channel 2 on the mixer is loading tracks to VDJ deck 2 and the fader on channel 2 of the mixer is controlling deck 2 of VDJ. So whilst the 'numbers' seem correct I really need the tracks loaded onto deck 1 of VDJ and channel 2 fader on the mixer to control Deck 1 fader

Obviously the same applies to the Right CDJ numbered 3 on the cdj panel which is on channel 3 of the mixer but I need this to load onto deck 2 of VDJ. and the mixers channel 3 fader to control VDJ deck 2.

I tried changing the skin to a two deck skin but it didn't make a difference I also tried powering of the CDJ's and trying them one at a time to see if they would assign a different 'number'

I did a last minute radio show tonight and whilst I managed to get tunes broadcast the mixing was a nightmare i.e. fading out the wrong which was actually funny at the time but not very professional !

Any further help on this will be very gratefully received !

Thanks guys

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 2:09 am
There are 2 different things here. Deck assignment of CDJs (decks) and proper channel mixer order for the DJM2000.

For the decks (CDJs):
- Goto Settings -->Controllers tab. You should see 2 X Pioneer CDJ2000s there.
- Click on each one of them and use the Deck Assign menu at the right side to assign each one to the correct deck.
- As a test, move the pitch slider on the CDJ to see which pitch fader on the skin is moved, so that you re sure the CDJ controls the desired deck.
- You may have to swap the channels of your audio configuration as well (from the AUDIO tab)

For the mixer its what i have proposed above (the mixer options from the 4 Decks skin). You can have 1-2-3-4 order from that menu as well.
But keep in mind that since you are using the sound cards of the CDJs, the audio routing depends on which Input mixer channels you have connected the RCAs from the CDJs. The mixer order i mentioned , to change from the skin, is just a correction so that the movements match on both mixer and skin. Changing the mixer channel order from the skin, will not affect the sound mixing/routing.

Last but not least, i still highly recommend not to use the sound card of the CDJs, and use the sound card of the mixer, so have Pioneer DJM-2000 ASIO for deck 1 and deck 2 instead of the CDJ ASIO, but thats just a choice.

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 3:31 am
Many Thanks DJDad all is working perfectly now. I really appreciate all the help you have given me to resolve this issue.

geposted Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 3:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)