Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mapping pads to specific samples

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

quayfeeControlleristMember since 2015
Hi All,

I'm wondering if there is a way to map specific samples to pads on a controller. My rig conssits of an APC mini and an Lpad8, among others. I use the APC in default mode, I find that works well and give a lot of flexibility. I use to use the Lpad to controll looping and effects, but I've just upgraded my main controller to a mixtrack pro 3, which has all that ready, so the Lpad is now free for other uses.

What I am hoping to do is to map my fav kicks / claps / drops to the pads and thier volume to the knobs. But Have that stay the same irrespective of which sample set it the active on in VDJ8. I'm thinking either by referring to it by name in the mapping (PAD_1_8 sample "sample_name"), or by set and sample number (PAD_1_8 sampleset 2 sample 3).

Is this possible?

Cheers

Keith

geposted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 10:51 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

geposted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 12:15 pm
quayfeeControlleristMember since 2015
Thanks RobRoy, the example you gave isn't what I was asking about but looking at the detailed info on the link, I htink I sdhould be able to do what I want wiht a named reference to a specific set and then the sample number.

I'll post my working code here for others when I've had a chance to write and test it.

geposted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 3:56 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
perhaps that´s what you mean ?
sampler_bank 1 & sampler "Laugh" play_stop
you have to specify the sampler bank first ... then the sampler you want to use by name or by number

geposted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 4:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
A few examples.
sampler_pad 'Audio/Saxo'
or
sampler_pad 'Instruments/Kick'

so : sampler_pad 'Sampler_Folder/Sampler_name'

geposted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 5:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)