Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Disabling master audio without shutting down VDJ8?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djtompicControlleristMember since 2016
I have not found a simple way to switch audio profiles for the purpose of disabling VDJ master audio. I often need to play music from other sources -websites, alternate audio player, etc. However when VDJ is open, it takes full control over windows audio driver and will not allow these sources to connect to the windows audio driver. I also have a desktop pc with multiple audio drivers needing two profiles to route to the correct audio devices. The easiest solution I've found is to create multiple audio profiles (one to disable master audio) in the settings menu, so I don't have to shut down VDJ and thereby freeing up windows audio driver. But this still requires going into settings menu, selecting a different profile, then applying the profile. Not exactly a streamlined process. It's actually easier to shut down VDJ rather than going into the menus. Is there a way to break out these profiles to a programmable button on the GUI, where you can toggle between them? Or perhaps is there an easier way to temporarily free up the windows audio driver without having to modify the VDJ audio profile?

geposted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 4:36 pm
piccirilli wrote :
it takes full control over windows audio driver

It should only do this if you have exclusiveAudioAccess set to 'yes'.

geposted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 4:47 pm
djtompicControlleristMember since 2016
Changing this setting fixed my issue. Thanks much.

geposted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 5:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)