Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 8 Coloured Track Names

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

In VDJ 7 different formats came with a coloured icon. A music track was green a karaoke track was blue and a video track had a film icon. I know that VDJ 8 gives each format a different icon but it isn't very clear. Is there a way of getting a coloured icon? I have managed to colour the text of the tracks but it is a very long-winded way of doing it. I have to make a playlist with all my karaoke tracks in it, then I select all the tracks in that playlist and change the colour. Problem is I have around 200,000 music tracks so doing this takes a lot of time. Hope that all makes sense. Can anyone help?

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 3:01 pm
1. make a new custom button like "browsed_file_color "green"
mark all the tracks in the playlist (windows = ctrl + a)
press your custom button

all your tracks are green....

i mapped F5 to F8 on my keybord with 3 colors and color reset (browsed_file_color "") to mark tracks on the fly

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 3:16 pm
Thanks for the tip. Great idea but to be honest not much quicker as every folder needs to be opened and the changed. I really need something that will allow me to change all the contents in a folder

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 5:08 pm
To change all files of a folder you can hit ctrl - a then use the custom button

As for the icons they are part of the skin and can be changed if you want to edit it.

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 6:05 pm
Try show only karaoke, select them all and make them green. Then do the same for audio and video.

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 6:15 pm
Which would be great if they were all in one folder but they're not.

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 7:47 pm
I like the idea of changing the icons in the skin. Any idea how this is done?

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 7:49 pm
See this recent thread.

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 7:54 pm
weephillie wrote :

They don't have to be in the same folder, just the same hard drive. The dot above the font size icons, at the bottom left of the browser, select show karaoke, recurse the drive, and only the karaoke files will appear. Select them all and change the color. Repeat the process for your other media. This works all day, done.

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 8:04 pm
Thanks I'll try that

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 10:06 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
weephillie wrote :

They don't have to be in the same folder, just the same hard drive. The dot above the font size icons, at the bottom left of the browser, select show karaoke, recurse the drive, and only the karaoke files will appear. Select them all and change the color. Repeat the process for your other media. This works all day, done.

You sir are a star. Thank you so much. Job done!

geposted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 10:13 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For the future:
You don't even have to recurse the drive.
Just enter a * into the search box and all your tracks will be displayed.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 16 @ 7:02 am
How do you select them all after recurse?

geposted Thu 20 Oct 16 @ 9:54 pm
Highlight the first track, press and hold the shift key, scroll down to the last track and select, now all of the tracks are highlighted.

geposted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 2:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Select all, ctrl+a

geposted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 10:33 am
I just learned something, thank you.

geposted Fri 21 Oct 16 @ 6:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)