Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: What would be the code for get arm and get position working together? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I am trying to get the Technics and Pioneer Old School Turntable to give a realistic visual effect by having the arm at rest. Then load a song "deck loaded" and the arm goes and starts at the beginning of the record, then to get it to travel across the record as it plays "get position" I am lost at trying to combine the code for the two settings?
I am trying to build my own original skin from my own photos and XML Script.
This is what I am working with so far.

Puts the needle on the record.
## tone arm
<slider chan="1" action="arm" orientation="round">
<tooltip>Tone Arm</tooltip>
<pos x="-33" y="-117"/>
<circle direction="cw" anglemin="220" anglemax="245"/>
<size width="508" height="508"/>
<clipmask x="857" y="2685"/>
<mouserect x="178" y="86" width="80" height="90"/>
<fader anglemin="0" anglemax="18">
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
<mousemask x="857" y="2538"/>
</fader>
</slider>

Makes the arm travel across the Record.
I need the code to be together for correct arrn positioning for going to the start position & then move across, as the song plays..
## tone arm
<slider chan="1" action="get position" orientation="round">
<pos x="-33" y="-117"/>
<fader anglemin="18" anglemax="43">
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
</fader>
</slider>
Any help with this would be great.
Thanks.
Jon J.

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 3:35 pm

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 5:14 pm
Thank You music234 still no luck in finding the exact code. I know that my Skin graphics is good, because the arn is at rest and when I click the play Button it does move over to the record, but stops there and does not move on across according to the get position, due to the fact of not knowing how to combine it with the slider action
get arm.

Almost forgot to mention that I am using a single Tonearm Graphics. Not using the nb or the nbx codes.

Hope fully djdad or phantomDJ will have the correct code for me. Those 2 geniuses know how it works and will have the answer. I will just be patient and wait for them when they get the time to respond.
Thank You again for guiding me to the Wiki Codes.
Jon J.

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 5:57 pm
TJThe DJ wrote :
I am using a single Tonearm Graphics. Not using the nb or the nbx codes.

I think that is your problem. If your tonearm is not animated (using different frames for each position) then how are you expecting it to move?

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 6:05 pm
He TJ,
you can take a look at this skin:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2589/OldSchool.html
but I don't know it's allowed for a LE-User to download this...
As groovindj wrote:
you need different frames to animate the arm a mask. Try something like this:
<visual chan="1" type="custom" source="position">
<size width="www" height="hhh"/>
<pos x="xxx" y="yyy"/>
<down x="xxx" y="yyy" nb="nbnb" nbx="nbxnbx" smooth="true"/>
<clipmask x="xxx" y="yyy"/>
</visual>

with nb="4" nbx"10" there would be 40 frames with the defined size.

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 6:48 pm
forget to say:
the above is only to animate the arm.
Visuals for rotation is another thing to be done.

;o)

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 7:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It can be done without drawing all the steps.
For graphics, you need to think of the arm like a line that needs to rotate 360 degrees, so you draw the arm as if it was at the vertical position (12 o clock) and leave enough empty (transparent) space around it
For the xml something like ..
<slider action="song_pos" orientation="round" visibility="loaded" >
<tooltip></tooltip>
<pos x="+87" y="-144"/>
<size width="340" height="340"/>
<mousemask x="1435" y="1330"/> <-- the Arm at 12 o clock
<fader anglemin="-173" anglemax="-152"> <------- This is where you define how much of the full circle the arm will do
<size width="340" height="340"/>
<pos x="1435" y="1330"/> <-- the Arm at 12 o clock (same as above)
</fader>
</slider>

You need of course to think of the center point of the arm graphics;)

geposted Sun 03 Apr 16 @ 10:06 pm
Thanks. djdad that code makes a lot of since. I will give that a try..
music234 I do have that skin, that is where I got the idea from.
Thank You music234
Jon J.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 2:44 am
Your code works somewhat. But when the Deck is not loaded, there is no Tone Arm visible at all. When I load the Deck then it appears, and then just sits at it's resting holder.
When I put in get arm it will appear appear from nowhere and then move over to the start of the Vinyl record and just sits there. No movement with the song_pos.
Here is the code so far.

CAPS ARE BEING USED SO IT IS EASIER TO READ THE ACTIONS. NOT YELLING WHAT SO EVER. LOL!
N0T MOVING FROM THE RESTING POINT

<slider chan="1" action="song_pos" orientation="round" visibility="loaded">
<tooltip></tooltip>
<pos x="-33" y="-117"/>
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
</fader>
</slider>

THIS ONE, TONE ARM STILL NOT THERE UNTIL LOADED THEN LOADED AND MOVES TO THE BEGINNING OF THE VINYL BUT DOES NOT MOVE ACROSS WITH THE SONG_POS.

<slider chan="1" action="get arm" orientation="round" visibility="loaded">
<tooltip></tooltip>
<pos x="-33" y="-117"/>
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
</fader>
</slider>

It seems to have to do with the slider, visible, visibility, & Action codes. The get arm and song_position or get position along with visible need to work together:
The arm location coordinates seems to be right on, It is the Action or Source codes that are the problem? What a fun Puzzle!
I am just not there yet, with the VDJ 8 codes but am surely learning.

I Do Thank You so very much for your time and help.
Jon J.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 7:30 am
Here is why it is being blocked from moving on across the record.
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
</fader>

I need to figure out on how to get it to the start at the beginning of the vinyl and then continue across the vinyl with the song_pos code

This is what makes it start at the beginning, then to the end of the vinyl
<fader anglemin 18, anglemax 43
need to get it from the resting holder to the start vinyl position the continue on across.

I surely hope that I am not bothering you Techs to much with my solutions. I just want to create an awesome skin for the VDJ users.
Thanks.
Jon J.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 8:01 am
I will try to explain in simple terms of what I want the Tone Arm to do. I do not think that VDJ 8.1 is capable of doing this effect, unless there is some kind of simple code that does the Visual effect.

The Old School Turntables for an example created by 2014 Kymillionare & the erXon Old School will show the effect of the needle traveling across the record. But when not playing the Tone Arm is no at it's resting point like the older FLOOPDJ version="v2.1" <copyright>- (c)2004 - DJ_Manixx- USA</copyright>.
FLOOPDJ will set at it's resting point then go to the start of the record but that's as far of the effect that it does.

I was trying to get the Tone Arm to rest at it's stop point, over on it's rest holder, then when I load a song to the deck the Tone Arm would go to the beginning of the vinyl record and sit there, and then I click Play and it start it's normal Travel across the record as the song plays until the end of the music file, then it returns to it's resting area.
When Deck is loaded it is sitting on the record ready for Play, Hit Play then does it's thing. When deck file is over or unloaded the Arm goes back to it's safe area.

I will stop here and not post anymore questions as I do not want to abuse this site with to many threads.
Thank You again.
Jon J.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 9:29 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Why don't you make two visuals using the same resource ?

One would be the arm going from restpoint to the record while loading. And it would have a visibility such as "not loaded".

The other one monitoring the the songpos as descripbed by Dad with visibility="loaded".

If you coordinate all that well it would do the trick I guess...

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 10:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the code i gave you in my previous post definitely works because i have used it in one of my skins (never uploaded)
All you need to add is another <slider> or rather a <visual> with visibility="not loaded" as Fruit mentioned to show the arm at its rest position.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 9:12 pm
Thank You djdad that is another good idea. Thanks Fruit for your input, I did what you are telling me and what I got was double Tone Arms, one trailing another.
I have a lot of time and patience to get it working in due time. I have tried 2 separate Slider commands and kept getting 2 arms. I tried the visibility loaded and the Arm was just gone until loaded. The when loaded it would appear and move over to the Vinyl and the Arm would just sit at the beginning of the Record and the other one would trail away from the static one.
I will not give up as I feel that there is now a way to get it to work, due to your kind help. I need to purchase the Pro License, but things are very tight right now, But I do sincerely promise, I will eventually.
With Gratitude, Thank You.
Jon J.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 16 @ 11:58 pm
Fruit you did it for me, Thank You, Thank You. Your idea works! Thank You djdad for your ideas now thanks to Fruit, The Sliders combined together, it is now working.
my next step it to get the Tone Arm to move over more slowly to the Platter. As of now it just jerks itself over the the start of the record. I will get that solved and post the whole code later on here for others to use.

djdad what skin did you make that you never uploaded? Was it the Old School Turntables? I would love to see it, as your skins are always high quality.

Now what do I need to add to get the Tone Arm to move over from resting point to the Platter more smoothly? (Animation) is just on & off, it is to fast.

## Tone Arm
<slider chan="1" action="get arm" orientation="round" visibility="not loaded"> <--- Need to smooth the Arm movement?
<pos x="-33" y="-117"/>
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
</fader>
</slider>

<slider chan="1" action="get position" orientation="round" visibility="loaded"> <---- This one is working perfectly smooth.
<pos x="-33" y="-117"/>
<pos x="264" y="2804"/>
</fader>
</slider>

I have just yelled out loud, TADA!
I am very happy with the results that you two have provided for me.
Jon J.

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 12:24 am
I have thought it over and it is more complicated than I realized, because what I was wanting is more than a Loaded and not loaded command. That just creates a instant on and off effect. What needs to happen is the Tone Arm is at rest when loaded & it moves slowly over to the Platter when the file is loaded. The other effect has to then turn off the effect of the "resting Arm' as the get_position Arm is now visible. But if the resting Arm is moving over to the platter the get position Arm needs to slowly appear or wait to have it appear not until after the resting arm has sat down on the Platter. The same when the file is over and it goes back to the off position. I think that VDJ 8.1 has the ability to do the code, but I am not smart enough to figure it out yet. maybe has to do with the param codes.

Thank You all for allowing me to ask for help.
Jon J.

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 6:03 am
<slider chan="1" action="get arm" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? off : on">
<slider chan="1" action="get position" orientation="round" visibility="param_equal get_arm 1.0 ? on : off">

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 10:15 am
The only issue with the above code is that your arm will "jump" from the 0% position to the current position of the track once the arm movement completes.

In other word if you start the deck from a hot_cue that's let's say on 75% of the track's position the arm will move smoothly from "rest" area to 0% position and then it will jump immediately to 75,something%

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 10:18 am
Thank You PhantomDeejay! I will give that a try now and let you know whats up. I really do not care if it jumps at Hot Cues that, I can live with for now. I really need to sell some of my collectables and purchase this full Pro 8.1 system. The thing is I do not do any Parties, as I am retired and just love building some awesome Skins to share with the Automix Community.

I sincerely Thank You all for your fast and kind help!
Jon J.

P.S. PhantomDeejay! That is really cool, the Cats Meow! It works. I was able to drop your lines in quickly and get back here under edit to let you know.
This is a very nice effect for the future Turn Tables Skins I will be building.

Hopefully I am giving back to your company a bit for having so much fun with the VDJ 8.1.
I have repaired over 25 Skins from VDJ 2, VDJ 4, & VDJ 7.4 that did not work in 8, but now they do with all functions and much more. The Skins are the property of other Skin Creators, But I had only done them for my personal fun. They are all welcome to have their repaired skins back for free it they want to contact me.
TJ THE DJ
Jon J.

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 3:29 pm
Well if you made some skins and uploaded them I believe you can make some money on downloads which in the end would pay for your purchase of 8.......

Nobody is telling you you have to buy the full version but after all these years its clear you'll definitely get your money worth......

And no this is not a diss on you personally but you always mention finally maybe buying the full version so logic tells me you do fill guilty and know you should just do it......

geposted Tue 05 Apr 16 @ 4:28 pm
63%