Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 'Serato Controllers' everywhere. Are VDJ's Directors that bad in Marketing? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

MiloszNHome userMember since 2015
Why is that Serato managed to put its name on so many big brand's controllers and as far as I know VDJ managed on none?

How Serato has managed to convince those big brands like Pioneer and Numark?

What's more, how Serato has forced those big brands to name their controller with Serato and to mention their controller names only with conjuction with Serato name (on boxes, in online tutorials etc)?

And finally, why VDJ (Atomix) directors don't have sleepless nights about that? Who is responsible for letting Serato win the brand game?

The slow drift from VDJ to Serato is a fact and it is inevitable unless some actions are taken.
I know the download numbers but why you don't show off and compare the PRO purchases and compare it with Serato last year and 5 years ago respectively.

If you believe that the product will defend and prove itself without wider vision and agressive marketing strategy then you are clearly wrong.
It doesn't matter how good Virtual DJ is (the same way as it doesn't matter how much better Android Phones are vs iPhones).

Why is VDJ so expensive comparing to Serato even though you are losing the top market and reputation?
Why not change the logo or even a name to win snobbery driven people back? (Frutty Loops changed to FL Studio just in time before losing completely and waiting for acquisition).
People want VDJ Controllers, we want VDJ Controllers. We want great product and want to be proud of it!

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 5:05 pm
MiloszN wrote :
Why is VDJ so expensive comparing to Serato

The Serato DJ Suite (which is what you'd need in order to have DVS, video etc which VDJ has built in) is normally $299, the exact same price as VDJ.

To buy all the packs separately would cost $464 - more than VDJ. And it'd still be weak in features compared to VDJ.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 6:07 pm
A simple Google search will tell you how much Atomix makes in a year. Based on that they're obviously doing well enough not to be too bothered.

Other softwares charge for additional features where as VDJ (apart from the remote app) includes them for the one licence fee.

Realistically you get VDJ Pro and free updates for the lifetime of the product for the price of a couple of gigs. No brainer.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 6:34 pm
MiloszN wrote :

It doesn't matter how good Virtual DJ is (the same way as it doesn't matter how much better Android Phones are vs iPhones)....
People want VDJ Controllers, we want VDJ Controllers. We want great product and want to be proud of it!

Some people I don't understand.
With VDJ you'll have a very good product what supports nearly every controller.
I'm a proud user, but I don't need a VDJ-Logo of any of my units, and I never took care about what program a DJ used to rock the crowd.

Two decks, a mixer and a well sorted playlist is all I need. Any controller or software solution is just a help for the job. And most features of VDJ help me to get the job done. The db of VDJ is faster than most of the other solutions. The online-resources help to build nice playlists. The forum is the best on net imo.
And as groovin wrote: VDJ is not expensive. All updates and upgrades were free till today.

And please not again a discussion about brands and marketing-philosophy about changing names or logos. Do you really think that you get your job done better if VDJ would change the name or logo? Would this make you a better DJ? Really?

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 6:38 pm
>>don't need a VDJ-Logo of any of my units

and yet you have to bear the fact that your controller (current or next one) will have big SERATO logo, and layout that will mirror Serato look.

And then VDJ team or community will map everything almost like pirates trying to crack piece of software or hardware just because the original controller wasn't meant to be universal but 'designed for serato'.

Do you really feel completely OK with that? No reflection 'why'? No question to Atomix, why is this happening, why you are letting this happening.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 7:28 pm
Just about every kid in my son's class has an iphone. He has a Honor 7 which was a third of the price and does far more. He is 13 and doesn't care about the logo. He's uncool until the other kids find out how much better his phone is despite no one ever having heard of it.

Same can be said for Serato. It might have the name and kudos but it's nowhere close to VDJ.

Don't get me wrong, personally I am critical of VDJ in certain areas but nothing in life is perfect.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 8:05 pm

Realistically you get VDJ Pro and free updates for the lifetime of the product for the price of a couple of gigs. No brainer.

it is actually a brainer for all those bedroom DJs starting their adventure and getting used to a software with controller.

Actually no brainer for them as well, Serato Intro and I can play with controller for free. Virtual DJ (yes, full featured) and you can play with controller for... 10min.
It's not a choice at all for all those future DJs who are going to learn their habbits on Serato and get familiar with Serato look to then repaeat all those slogans known from youtube 'VDJ - it's just doesn't feel good' or 'doesn't look as good'.

I think there is no long term strategy and must be a lot of ignorance from Atomix side to let Serato rule on controllers market.
If it was a not fair play game from Serato side Atomix should reveal that but it looks like a simple lack in marketing strategy.
And here we are in reality where Serato is called a standard.
I will refresh that post in 3 years and I hope I will be wrong.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 8:27 pm
MiloszN wrote :

Serato Intro and I can play with controller for free.

You can do the same with Virtual DJ LE. It allows you to use your controller "for free" straight out of the box.

If your controller didn't come with VDJ LE then a Plus license allows home use, or you can subscribe monthly and get all the pro features.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 8:33 pm
You have your opinions, and that is all they are. The fact of the matter is, you have no facts. Everything you have said, only means something to you, and if you are losing sleep over it, that is on you. News flash; you have a choice just like everyone here. If you like the software buy it, or you can buy whatever works best for you. It really is that simple.

Those of us that have actually bought the software have made a choice, based on what works best for us. We don't get all flustered with all the smoke and blinking lights, we make rational decisions, based on what works best for us. Most of us have been here awhile, and actually know what's going on, and are not easily swayed, by the opinions of those that have a hard time, making up their minds.

It may be hard for you to believe, but we are very knowledgeable about this game, and have made up our minds. Some of us actually own all the top DJ software. There is a reason there are so many car companies in the world, so people have a choice. We did not ask you what car you think is the best, or which DJ software you think is the best, because we are more than capable of making up our own minds. I'm sure you will make the decision that is best for you. If you every buy this software, you can be sure that we all will be here to help you out. If you decide to buy another software, I will not be mad at you, and will not loose any sleep. Good luck with your decision.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 10:04 pm
I'm still going to stick with the dance floor. Are there bodies on it? Are they dancing? Yes, ok then job's done. Out of all the weddings and company parties I have done, I have had one guy ask me if I was using Serato; He was around 50. NO ONE CARES what you are using except maybe other DJ's or wanna be DJ's. The crowd will spend more time judging what your wearing and how your doing then what your using.

geposted Tue 26 Apr 16 @ 5:16 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
it's business there room for all its up to the Dj.

geposted Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 12:50 am
i have a serious ocd thing when it comes to this. I DONT WANT SERATO WRITTEN ON MY HARDWARE.....!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OR VDJ/TRAKTOR FOR THAT MATTER)

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 10:49 am
Django's Gun wrote :
i have a serious ocd thing when it comes to this. I DONT WANT SERATO WRITTEN ON MY HARDWARE.....!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OR VDJ/TRAKTOR FOR THAT MATTER)

These guys may be able to help you: http://www.12inchskinz.com/

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 3:24 pm
A little piece of tape and that job is done ;o)

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 6:08 pm
Here's some food for thought, Just about every serato controller works with VDJ Just about every Traktor controller works with VDJ How many Trakor controllers work with Serato Etc... Vdj has the best of both worlds Why pay for product branding when everyone else's brand works with VDJ Actually I think it's a brilliant move

geposted Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 2:06 am
Serato software is the best

geposted Sun 09 Apr 17 @ 3:11 pm
user15235284 wrote :
Serato software is the best

probably should head over to serato and let them know :-)

geposted Sun 09 Apr 17 @ 4:07 pm
I like Serato controller how i do it?

geposted Mon 10 Apr 17 @ 12:40 am
Hi, just an amateur here.
But..............
I am an grown man, and decided to play in some partyes. Here, i bought a numark mixtrak platinum, which includes serato intro . I loved vdj earlier, but let's give serato a try, i thought. In my older computer, serato lacks, and in no one, it reads flacs, and in my newer, sometimes serato works, some, don't. So, i'm a fan of VDJ, however, far of beeing a pro dj , about 300 dollar is not cheap at all, specially in south america. So, i bought the controller, dislike to use serato, and can not use vdj in the next month, until i pay the controller, and then next the vdj.
No doubt, i'll buy VDJ pro full, thinking in a future upgrade to pioneer ddj sx, but let me tell you, that it is a tricky way to proceed from the whole industry, pioneer even comes with serato, Why just they produce its controller, and let the customer choose what soft to use?

geposted Sun 20 Aug 17 @ 1:31 pm
djkwvControlleristMember since 2015
I got Serato free with my recent purchase of my new Pioneer DDJ-SR.... have had nothing but trouble with it and the sound drivers. I finally got so fed up with it, I purchased my license of VDJ DDJ-SR and OH WOW... guess what???? YEP.... WORKED RIGHT AWAY!!!! THANK YOU VDJ!!!

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 7:51 pm
87%