Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recommendations?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DayneALE userMember since 2013
Hello people,

Now I know this isn't about VDJ in general but I thought I'd ask because I like this forum over everywhere else :)

Basically I've moved away from my old mix track pro and VDJ to Rekordbox and the new DDJ RB.

Within setting up the DDJ Rekordbox is literally just destroying my CPU. I have AMD A8 Quad core.
I've heard RB doesn't support AMD but Intel core.

So here is my question, what's a good processor that can handle DJ software?

There is so many i3 i5 and i7 to choose from Im literally lost.

Thanks for any help in advance.

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 11:08 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
As Virtual DJ has no issues with AMD you should ask your question in the Pioneer Forum instead. Don't think anybody can answer this Recordbox specific question.

Greets, Heiko

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 11:11 am
My advice is always to get the best you can afford. Simple as that.

For DJ use I would say i5 or i7 but there are different grades of these processors and of course other variables like speed of HDD, memory etc. also come in to the equation.

Pioneer will have a minimum spec for running their software so best to review that first.

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 11:15 am
Yeah I've read the specs i3 minimum but I'm simply asking what in your opinion would be better for all round software. I5-i7?

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 11:23 am
It's not as simple as that. i5 & i7 are a family of processors with many different processors within each range.

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 11:27 am
Yeah I know it's confusing lol!
I've seen one for £600 (asus) its core i7 6500U?

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 11:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That processor should handle VDJ really well.

I'm using an older i5 CPU with only 2.5 GHz and have zero problems.

But as above, I can't speak for Recordbox.

geposted Wed 25 May 16 @ 12:15 pm
the whole I3 to I7 range have been very good all round cpu's, I am running 8.1 on an I3 with no problems, mind you my library is pre analysed, I do run Milkdrop and Karaoke with no issues.

Analysing tracks is cpu intensive and VDJ will make use of all the available cores it can , so good cooling is also worth taking into consideration.

geposted Tue 31 May 16 @ 3:49 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)