Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How does content unlimited work nowdays? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I might join the content unlimited music plan again , depending on your answers in this thread LOL
Any comments about contents , stability , and so on is appreciated

geposted Mon 30 May 16 @ 6:11 pm
It works the same as it always worked. There are 3 options, audio, video, and karaoke. Each one is a separate subscription. As long as the subscription is paid, you have access to these songs. In other words, you are just renting these songs. You can download to cache, so that you can play them offline. They have to be reauthorized (meaning you have to go online) every 30 days. This service also gives you access to netsearch, which is free. You may get results from them, that are not available on the paid service. These tracks are not always the best quality, may be live versions, or may not actually be available. You can however get some good tracks, that will get you out of a jam. Just remember, they are free, and you get what you pay (or not pay) for.

geposted Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:20 pm
Not sure what country you are in but it may be worth trying the free track search first. I am in the UK and last time I tried not much of the top 20 singles were there.

Seems to be very US centric.

geposted Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:26 pm
I buy the top 20, or any other top tracks. I use this service for the stuff that I will not buy. Let's be honest, what do you expect for $10.00 a month? I know some guys want to use this as their whole library, and they can try. It's no sweat off my brow. I just think differently, that a professional DJ should own his or her own collection, when a client is paying me. I hate excuses, and don't offer them. They will never hear from me, that I can't find their favorite song, because the service I pay $10.00 a month, does not have their song. Hey, that's just the way I think, but what do I know?

geposted Mon 30 May 16 @ 8:45 pm
You are right, AMAHM. I buy it physicaly (vinyl or cd) and put a mp3-copy on my laptop.
But in a few years everything could be different. Rumour goes that Apple will close the store. I'm not sure it will happen soon, but more and more I think after cd, mp3 that streaming will be the future.
Did I mentioned Spotify-integration in the past ;-) I got a lot of reactions, but time will tell. Hope VDJ has a plan....

geposted Tue 31 May 16 @ 7:00 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Not sure what country you are in but it may be worth trying the free track search first. I am in the UK and last time I tried not much of the top 20 singles were there.

Seems to be very US centric.

Not checked for a while then. Out of curiosity I tried the UK Top 20 - every single one is there and most with many remixes.
All CU and no Netsearch.

geposted Tue 31 May 16 @ 9:20 pm
Yeah I got say CU has stepped it up since the first time I've used it.

Haven't had a crash or freeze and pretty much what I've thrown at it its found.

geposted Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 3:04 am
Warakurna wrote :
You are right, AMAHM. I buy it physicaly (vinyl or cd) and put a mp3-copy on my laptop.
But in a few years everything could be different. Rumour goes that Apple will close the store. I'm not sure it will happen soon, but more and more I think after cd, mp3 that streaming will be the future.
Did I mentioned Spotify-integration in the past ;-) I got a lot of reactions, but time will tell. Hope VDJ has a plan....

I can't worry about what will happen in a few years, I may not be here tomorrow. The reality is, none of you are promised tomorrow. If I make it till Tuesday, I will be 64, and working on my 50th year as a DJ. If they make music and I am still playing, I will get it, legally. There was a time that was the only way to get music, so I can deal with it.

geposted Sat 04 Jun 16 @ 6:25 am
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just signed back up today as doing a house party. After signing up, how long until It becomes active/I can use it?

geposted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 6:57 pm
You can use it now!!

geposted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:31 pm
I have been getting really shitty music from this. Last year this feature was amazing and now it doesn't offer as much. VERY disappointed on the new setup.

geposted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 4:01 am
GP McDHome userMember since 2016
Is there any place I can view the catalog of songs (or use the service on a trial basis) that are available with this service? I've read many mixed reviews, and given the fact I am not working at the moment, I can't afford to be throwing money around everywhere.

geposted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 11:21 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Just use CU. It will allow the first part of the song to play which is enough for you to make a judgment.
I'm doing something similar with video at the moment.
Do I need the audio plan if I have a video plan?
Will video be enough?

geposted Mon 15 Aug 16 @ 12:10 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've got a 21st on Saturday and the birthday girl is an Anton Powers fan.
Anyway CU provided 99% of her songs with the play list specified remix version effortlessly.
At the moment that's 38 songs (3 hours + of music).
I've never heard most of them..but that won't stop me beat mixing them, and in key!
I have a little listen to each just to get an idea of the energy in the songs.
I call that fantastic..mind you I have all the golden oldies where it may be weaker?

Note : With respect to another recent post I just dragged all these songs into a virtual folder, set the key detection to electronic, and did a batch analyze for bpm etc. It was easy! A few keys changed.

geposted Thu 18 Aug 16 @ 4:36 pm
Iv signed up for it just some days ago. Works like a charm. Spinning alot of trance tracks and there are alot of them.

One thing buggs me tho. It says in the info its totaly leagel and you can face almost anny request from customers.
So i take it you are allowed to use it on anny gig pretty mutch THO. How is it on the web cause both youtube and twitch
mute all sound on the video? So exactly what do the leagel part mean? Iv looked around for answers but non to be found so far.

geposted Sat 20 Aug 16 @ 5:57 pm
If you are paying for content unlimited audio, your search will bring up the song you requested, if it is available. It will have a red icon in front of it, and is legal.

If the paidservice does not have the song, and you have netsearch selected, it will list the songs it has. These songs come from many sources around the web, and are a bonus to us, but we do not pay for them. The version and quality is not known, so use at your own risk. These songs have a purple icon in front of them. As for their legality, I am not worried about that. Who knows the source of the track you are playing?

There are no music police in the places that I play, and I do not depend on either of these services as my primary source of music. Even if they were there, they would have to be armed.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 8:30 pm
I am thinking about signing up to music unlimited but before I do I was hoping that someone could fill e in on the sort of music genres that will be available for download

geposted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 11:22 pm
Brazeingoods wrote :
I am thinking about signing up to music unlimited but before I do I was hoping that someone could fill e in on the sort of music genres that will be available for download

It will be Promo Only licensed content based on iDJPool
So mostly new tracks and a lot of remixes of those

But you can test it for yourself before signing up
You can do Content Unlimited searches inside VDJ, get all search results and download and play the first 30 sec of any tracks as a test

geposted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 7:07 am
Brazeingoods wrote :

Don't do it, since the change it's no where near as good as it used to be......

geposted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:41 am
In your opinion.

Everyone can test for themselves and make a decision. That's the beauty of it.

geposted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 3:06 pm
67%