Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Remote Screen Skins, or how to have up to 6 big screens for you controlers! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello everyone,

I have submitted a pack of 6 same skins (for VirtualDJ Remote) for up to 6 devices that will work in an independent way.
Each skin can display deck righ, left, 1,2,3,4,5 or 6

With this pack, you can add screenS to your controler, like the screens we can find on MXC8000, NSIII, etc...
You will need one device by screen. Mine are 10.1" in resolution 1024x600 and cost less than 80€ per unit.

English video: https://youtu.be/t-4I5i5FXnc
French video: https://youtu.be/1XPxbteH8Q8

I hope it will be available soon (accepted after review) even if we can imagine that the staff have a lot to do with this great new 8.2 version of VDJ!

Have Fun!

Kaléo.

geposted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 2:50 pm
Awesome!!

geposted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 3:05 pm

geposted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 5:51 pm
Definitely will be trying this out!!

geposted Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 7:44 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Very nice.
What devices are you using?

geposted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 3:45 pm
This looks great, and about time we get some skins for the remote app too :)

geposted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:36 pm
I use a polaroïd 10.1 infinite+
The resolution is 1024x600, the screen is not really good, it needs to be well oriented but it's about 79€ and it works flawless.

:-)

geposted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 8:19 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Looks like they are not that easy to find/ get in Germany.

Can you tell me the specs please, so I can look for an alternative device?

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 9:06 am
Are these available yet??

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 7:00 pm
PachN wrote :
Looks like they are not that easy to find/ get in Germany.

Can you tell me the specs please, so I can look for an alternative device?

Any device able to run Virtualdj Remote with a screen resolution of 1024×600 pixels at least.

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Are these available yet??

Not yet, I think developers and reviewers have a lot of work with VDJ8.2 that is more important than a skin.

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 9:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We will have a look soon, but as far as i can see from the video, the skin(s) you have uploaded is almost identical to this one http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?search=deckControl except maybe to some additional deck text coloring and deck assign.
If that is the case, then i believe you should just provide the "way" on how someone can modify this (or any other) skin in order to be assigned to individual devices, rather than uploading someone else's work (and without even asking for his permission - thats part of the rules too http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/138712/VirtualDJ_Skins/_Must_Read__For_anyone_that_is_submitting_skins_to_this_site___Must_Read_.html ).

I may be wrong on this, so please explain us further.

geposted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:01 pm
Yes you're right, except some small improvements, these skins are ( visually ) the same as yours.

But to work in an individual way, all panels needs to have a proper name, exemple:
A think called HotCueleft must be changed in HotCue_decive1_deck1. And you will have to do this for each deck and each device.

Otherwise, we can image to have more simplicity with less flexibility if we fix deck1 on device 1 and so on.

Anyway, this is an important work. It is not hard but needs some knowledge. If it was easy this kind of skins would already exist.

As you can hear in me video, I give you, djdad, all the credit of this excellent work.

Regards.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 2:18 pm
It would be great if the original author (hello djdad) could add the functionality of being able to run them on multiple devices independently.

Rather than having a separate skin, it could simply be added as a button or menu.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 3:29 pm
Or just replace his with Bobs since it clearly has more functionality........

Well looks like once again the end user (us) is stuck waiting yet again.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 3:52 pm
@djdad: You will see when you will open the skins that the authors ARE Kaléo AND DjDad.

I have never complain when people develop plug-ins or skins similar to mine. Anyway, your are right, I should have ask you before.

Kaléo.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 5:00 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Well looks like once again the end user (us) is stuck waiting yet again.

This is one of the reasons I've learnt to code skins too. I'm good with the coding but not so good with the artwork for them so for my own use ive merged elements and things from several skins (for myself)

ive been trying to figure out how to mod a skin for 2deck-4deck but as far i see you have to build it into separate panels instead of having a simple left deck - right deck logic with simple deck selector.. :(

geposted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 11:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, you are right, the skin panel names are common across all Remote skins and main skin. This is something that "prevents" a Remote skin from running individually on different devices (panels to change deck dependent). But still i am not sure, if such a modification is the way to go, meaning that if you follow this logic, you need to upload all the Remote skins we have in a large amount of variations.
anyways, it makes sense to have this feature though, so give me a few days to come up with a workaround or fix and let you know..

PS.A solution for 4 decks would be OK for me, but 6 ?? Isnt too much ?

geposted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 12:49 pm
It is not because you can show the 6 channels that you must do it. As VDJ have up to 6 channels, I made this work for 6 channels plus left and right.
I am agree, I will not use all of them but I did not this only for me.

As I said, yes, if we create one skin for one channel (or left/right) the xml will be smaller(6 or 8 times smaller in fact).
So we will need to load the skin of the channel we want on the device we want to show it.
It's not a bad thing, it's only less simple, mostly if you want to change the channel displayed on the go.

Kaléo.

geposted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 6:10 pm

geposted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 10:12 am
Hum... ok, lol. Maybe I won't do 99 skins for 99 devices and 99 channels...

geposted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 7:18 pm
47%