Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 8.2 crashed four times in a row

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Last saturday I used (read: tried) VDj 8.2 (build 3236) and I experienced four crashes in a row. These were my first ever since using VDJ.
Because I was aware I was going to play with the "early access" I had a friend with his own hardware "hot" stand-by to take over immediately so no problem here.

I could reproduce the crash with following actions:

Connected DDJ SZ, Silversleek #3 skin, 4 decks lay-out, song playing trough speakers on deck 1, song on deck 2 playing on my headphones.

While pushing the "shift" button, using my jogwheel on my controller to scroll trough the song on deck 2. Within a second my deck becomes unresponsive and parts of my controller becomes unresponsive too (Play, Cue, jogwheel etc.) I still can browse for a song and load a new song in my unresponsive deck, but I can't play, stop or do anything else. Only browse and load.

The only thing I could do was shutting VDJ down and restart VDJ. When I did these step again, VDJ was again unresponsive.

When I used Video, the video was jumping between my second screen and my main screen. VDJ crashed 4 times this evening.

I don;t know if VDj crashed with songs only, but I had milkdrop plugin activated as audio only visualisation and this gave me problems too while playing video on second screen.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Was videoForceFullScreen set to 0?

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:25 am
Adion wrote :
Was videoForceFullScreen set to 0?

This is the default option? If it is, the settings was "0" indeed.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:53 am
Yes, if it was something different it could have been the issue, but if it was 0 then it seems to be another issue.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:02 am
I always have the milkdrop plugin as audio only visualisation activated but not the video window activated.
I played music for a few hours without a problem (I didn't tried the scrolling trough sound within that timewindow).

Then I had to play a video presentation so to be sure I started the video output a half an hour before going live on screen. The milkdrop plugin worked fine as far as I know, but when I played a video, the issues started. The fullscreen VDJ output on my second monitor sometimes reverted to my windows background and the video screen jumped back small in my main notebookscreen and immediately jumped back to my second screen. While this is happening, VDJ is totally unresponsive.

Sometimes VDj came back as it should on screens but four times VDJ crashed and closed while playing video files.

I tried several things per crash: restarted VDJ, restarted notebook, connected my controller again, but the problem was not resolved.

The video presentation (about 5 minutes long) was no problem at all ? it could work for minutes long and you could get crashes within a minute... I could not figure out the trigger of this crashes this evening.

My notebook has only VDj installed and this is the same notebook I use for years now.

If I can send you crash files or something like that, let me know (you have to tell me how :) ).

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:20 am
The behavior sounds as if the video output briefly disconnected and then came back.
Any chance the video cable might be an issue?

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:48 am
That would explain such behaviour indeed, but the milkdrop output played without problems for about 20 minutes / an half an hour. I believe that when I began to use (mp4) videos the problems started. I can not rule out the cable as a fact, because I did not try another cable, but I don't think this was the problem. Also the freezing of my deck when scrolling trough a audio or video file didn't help troubleshooting.

I think I have to try it again at home to figure out what happens when...

geposted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:55 am

geposted Sun 31 Jul 16 @ 4:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)