Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Issues after upgrading to VDJ8 and Windows 10-Numark Mixdeck Quad

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

My old system has worked perfectly for several years. I just upgraded from an i3 laptop running windows 7 and VDJ7 to an i7, 2.4g Laptop with 12 gigs of ram, 1 gig nvidia video card and windows 10. The system has started to do all kinds of weird stuff since upgrading.

1. Faders and slider will work fine for a while and then start to act up, requiring a re-start of VDJ.
2. Deck 2 display does not work in real-time while a song is in deck 1. It will update time code #s every few seconds. If no song is loaded in deck 1, it works fine. If I play a CD in that deck, it works fine.

I haven't even tried to play videos or Karaoke yet. I am worried what will happen. Any suggestions?

geposted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 10:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1. Could you explain "act up" ?

2. Goto VirtualDJ Settings-->OPTIONS tab and search for the setting ControllerRefreshRate (in Advanced Options). Try to set it a value around 40 or 50 (instead of 0 default value)

geposted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 11:21 pm
djdad wrote :
1. Could you explain "act up" ?

2. Goto VirtualDJ Settings-->OPTIONS tab and search for the setting ControllerRefreshRate (in Advanced Options). Try to set it a value around 40 or 50 (instead of 0 default value)

I will try the refresh rate change

geposted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 11:24 pm
What is the fader doing? For some reason, the fader will just start working improperly. The fade does work, but only for deck 2. The audio from deck one will stay up regardless of fader position. Example; with both decks playing and fader to the to the left and all you hear is deck 1. If you move the fader to the right, you will hear both decks 1 and 2.

geposted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 11:29 pm
I changed the refresh rate and that seemed to help the display issue. So far, the system is working ok. I am leaving it setup in my office so I can try it out several times this week to insure it will work reliably. I am cautiously optimistic. I will keep my old computer with me at the next several events to make sure.

geposted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 1:06 am
Please follow my instructions.

• Make sure that the USB Audio switch on the back of the MixDeck Quad is set to PRG/CUE.

• Set all of the mixer channel source selection switches to USB/MIDI.

• In VirtualDJ Settings-->AUDIO tab , make sure the Audio configuration is as follows..
    [list]
  • Master - Mixdeck sound card- Chans 1,2
  • Headphones - Mixdeck Sound card - Chans 3,4

• Select the 4 Decks Default skin of VirtualDJ

• Right above the Crossfader in the skin, there is a small button "Mixer Options" Click to open the menu and select Mixer Order 3 -1 -2 -4

• Have the Crossfader of the Mixdeck in the middle position.

• Use just the Volume Faders of the Mixdeck and see how the Volume faders move on the screen (skin). Does the Channel order match (like a mirror) between the Hardware and the Skin ? So is 3-1-2-4 order on both ? If not , please explain which Skin fader is controlled by which Hardware one.
    Also try to select Mixer Order 1-2-3-4 from the Mixer Options menu and see if the order is matched now.

• [*] without moving the Crossfader, does the sound comes up properly each time you use a Volume Fader from the Hardware (Mixdeck) ? If not, please explain.
    [/list]

PS. In case sound comes out properly from Master Output, but Headphones is not working as expected, please take a look at this page .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20with%20headphones%20with%20Sound%20cards%20without%20ASIO%20drivers.html

geposted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 3:29 am
    Switch is set properly on the back of the unit. We didn't change it from the version 7 setup. We are not using the 4 deck skin we are using the 2 deck skin (Default Virtual DJ 8). There is a small tab on top that allows us to switch between 2 and 4 deck skins. The audio setup is as you described as well.

On the controller...We use channel 1 for the wireless mic. channel 2 is USB/Midi (left player), channel 3 is usb/midi (right player), and channel 4 is used for aux inputs such as a phone or tablet. This setup has worked well with our older laptop and VDJ7 for a long time.

This is what it is doing wrong. If you start the system normally, everything works fine. If you make any changes to the settings (even search setting) the fader starts up again. With the fader to the left, it will play the song in the left player fine. You can cue up a song on the right side player with no issues. When you move the fader to the right the second song will fade in, but the song on the left side player will not fade out. The only thing that fixes this is restarting VDJ. This issue also occurs anytime we switch the channel from midi to CD or aux and then back to midi again. It also happens when we try to use the CD players and go back to VDJ.

This is very frustrating. I like the new features in VDJ8, but may need to go back to 7 to get everything working reliably.

geposted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:30 am
    If you cant follow my instructions and not provide answers to my questions and useful information, we will not be able to assist you.

I understand that you need to work with your custom setup the way you used to, but what you have provided as feedback is not much helpful.

geposted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 3:07 am
    I am in need of assistance, not attitude. I need my system to work in the configuration that we use it in. If you are not able to do that without getting snippy please refer this issue to someone who can!

geposted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 10:33 pm
    am using the virtual 8 with mix deck quad. but i want to upgrade it to the pro licence. please how do i do that? any help or ideas

geposted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 4:17 am
    hi guys I have just bought a licence for a numark mixtrack pro 2 , I have been at a few hours trying to get VDJ to work with it and I cant, the play light is the only one that's showing green, nothing else , any thoughts ?

geposted Fri 05 Aug 16 @ 7:55 pm
    Di you try same VDJ8, Same computer, but diferent Operative System, i 'll try with windows 7, VDJ8 and Numark Mixdeck. I Thing is Windows 8.1 / 10 incompatiblity

geposted Fri 05 Oct 18 @ 6:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)