Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ suddenly stopped saving anything!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

nchshPRO InfinityMember since 2012
A few weeks ago, the night before a gig, I updated VirtualDJ (the last version before the 8.2 update). When I restarted the program, everything was gone. All of my cue points, all bpm and track length data...everything. I uninstalled, then reinstalled, but the problem persisted. Every time I started the program, it functioned like a fresh install. I had to sign in, none of the settings were saved, etc. The program functioned perfectly fine, but once it was off, everything was fully reset. I then uninstalled all versions of VirtualDJ, and deleted all of the folders, then restored Windows before the date of the glitch. I then reinstalled the program. Same problem. Today, I uninstalled all versions again, then I deep a full removal of VirtualDJ. I deleted all hidden folders, cleaned the registry, etc. I then ran a program that deep scans my laptop for viruses, registry errors, and all manner of other glitches. I then restarted, reinstalled only the newest version of VirtualDJ 8.2. Same problem. Nothing at all has changed. My laptop functions perfectly, otherwise. Also, I had VirtualDJ 7 installed all of the previous times, and it functioned normally. I'm running Windows 10 on a HP Vision A8, with AMD processors. Everything is updated. I'm also running the same version of VirtualDJ 8 on my desktop computer, with absolutely no issues. It also has the same version of Windows, with all of the updates. Please help, I have no idea what to do.

geposted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 10:50 pm
djekipPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Running on Win10? There might be that install path is now under skydive folder and there isn't right preveledges to that folder.. i workaround that running VDJ on sysadmin mode, so it gets rights to write and read to that skydrive folder..

geposted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:17 pm
Rule #1 don't update your software just before a gig.

Rule #2 when using computers, keep backups of your important files.

Keep a copy of the VDJ install program. Keep a copy of the VDJ database. Keep a copy of the license file. Put these copies into another folder, where they're easy to get to if you need them. Also keep backups of them on an external HDD or flash drive.

Keeping backup copies should be something that anyone using a computer does as a routine.

geposted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try to right-click on the /Documents/VirtualDJ folder, ->Properties->Security tab and see if you have Full Read/Write control on that folder ?
Also try to add a "everyone" user with full read/write permissions and see if that works now.

geposted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:18 pm
nchshPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Thanks, but none of that seems to be the issue. I just reset Windows. Deleted all apps. Same problem. I guess I'll be switching to different DJ software.

geposted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:05 pm
This seems to be an issue specific to your setup. Probably to do with permissions in Windows 10.

geposted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:46 pm
I have had exactly the same issue, stupid auto update just before a gig (which i would never, ever do if it wasn't forced upon me!) iv not got to rescan everything and re add years or cue points. i do have backups of the settings, but even that doesnt seem to be doing anything :/

geposted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 8:33 pm
jazzyostrich wrote :
if it wasn't forced upon me!

It's your choice to click the 'yes' button when VDJ informs you of an update.

If you don't want it, click the 'no' button.

geposted Tue 02 Aug 16 @ 8:38 pm
Had the same issue, never had this problem until most recent update. Really, what changed that could cause it?

geposted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 10:21 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)