Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rating in Songs is not the same as in other programs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, a college of you told me to create a new topic about Rating in VirtualDJ

I have rated all my mp3s with Winamp or Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer. The rating is stored into the mp3-file (one to 5 stars).
When I open these files in VirtualDJ many files have the wrong rating. VirtualDJ does'nt know a rating of two stars and I think the rating of 4 stars is also not always right. You can test it on your own PC. When you add a rating of two stars with Windows Explorer or Window Media Player to a file and import these files into Virtual DJ, most of the files only have only one star. When you edit this rating of one stars with VirtualDJ to two stars, VirtualDJ saves this rating into his own database correct, but when you open the folder with Windows Explorer (detailed view) or open this mp3 with Windows Media Player this file has a rating of 3 stars.

Please can you check this and change this behavior so I can rescan the tags of my files and I can see the correct rating (in my case there are thousands of files which are not rated right). Many thanks, Johann

geposted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 9:49 pm
I checked my rating and you seem to be correct. Any file with three stars in Windows Explorer comes up with two stars in VDJ 8.2. In Options: Get Rating From Tags = Yes

geposted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 11:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Confirmed and reported.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 4:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)