Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: script or setting to (database related)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

is there a script or a setting that automatically add New added files to certain folder(s) (some folder I don't want to add to the database, that's why I have the AutoSearchDB disabled) ?

I have certain folder that I always want to be added in the database and I have to go to each folder and select it and add to database manually.

There are certain folder also that I don't want any of it's content to be in the database.

Is there a script I can add on ONINIT to Add in the selected folders ?

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 3:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
AutoSearchDB should be on in your case. Then you simply click on the folders that you need to automatically add new tracks in the SearchDB and if there are some folders that you need to keep out of the DB, then simply dont click/select them.
Unless there is something i miss here., perhaps some folder structure on your end that may mess things up ?

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 1:39 pm
the folders that I don't want added to database are like Jingles, Samples, Clips, Interactive game videos (I made) etc..etc...

I do use them and if I enable AutoSearchDB, it will add those to the database and when I do search, those could show as well (I just want to search for the legit MP3, VIDEOs, Karaoke etc... but not JINGLES,SAMPLES etc... like in my example.

I hope you get the picture.

Right now, I do it manually (I just click the ROOT of the folder and add it) no big deal. It's not to many ROOT folders anyway.
However if this could be done automatically in VDJ, I can just add files to the folders and forget it.

Mediamonkey has this feature in the Pro version. It's a nice little tiny bit of feature that when you ADD files to folders, it automatically detect if anything is added and add to the database.

Even if it's a script that I can MAP a button to, that will be efficient than going to each folder, right click, add to database times how many folders in question.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 2:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The only workaround i can think of, is to create an additional partition in you Disk, and move there all the folders that contain those media that you use in VDJ but dont want to include in Database (or the opposite - move to the new Partition only the files that you want VDJ to add to Search DB)
Then use the IgnoreDrives setting to exclude that partition.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 4:46 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Can't you right-click on the folders that you don't want and select Batch -> Remove from search DB?

It's not a perfect solution, but it should help. I thought that there used to be an option to exclude certain folders. Maybe I'm crazy.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 16 @ 5:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)