Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Controller with Custom Mapping and Device XML Not working at all

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

NuzzletPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I have two machines. One with VirtualDJ 8.1 and the Other with the newest update. I have identical XML's for the controller on both computers, yet the machine with the newer version is only recognized by virtual dj and nothing further. When I go into the controller config in the newer version, and press a button on the controller, it comes up in the controller actions, however, when I map anything nothing happens.

I am also aware that without a Pro License, controller usage time is limited to 10 Minuetes.

geposted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 10:11 pm
They appear to have changed some controller device definitions in 8.2 (no idea why). I discovered this with my orbit controller, none of the leds worked on 8.2. so I made a slight change to the default mapping on 8.2 to create a new custom file, then compared it to the custom file I had from 8.1, and discovered that all the led names was changed from "RGB_PAD1" to "LED_PAD1" etc. so I did a quick replace all. and resaved my old mapping and it worked.

Hope that makes sense to you... it did while I was typing it lol.

if you need help you can send me a copy of your xml files to look at if it helps.

Pete

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 12:20 am

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 9:31 am
Thanks groovindj

lLink took me to the new features page for 8.2, is that what you intended?

Still no idea why the change in Device Definitions tho lol.

Only thing I could think off, is that for example 'RGB_PAD1_BANK1' was changed to 'LED_PAD1_BANK1" (and confuse custom mappings which still reference 'RGB_PAD1_BANK1') is because it is used somewhere else In the software, Perhaps something to do with the new custom pad pages etc.

Not a huge problem, I wrote a small app to detect which VDJ version i'm using and alter the custom xml file accordingly, I went back to 8.1, as 8.2 is unusable for me at the moment. but still keep trying it out tho lol

All the best

Pete

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:36 pm
Yes, we had to change the definitions for a few devices (not all)
The reason behind that move is that the engine of the software that's responsible for controllers has changed in order to reduce MIDI traffic and generally make the communication between the software and the controller more efficient.
During that process we also standardized a few elements and their names.

Generally we avoid renaming keys and leds on device definitions unless it's absolutely necessary.
Therefore we apologize for the inconvenience but we want to assure you that this was done in order to achieve better performance and a more user friendly experience in the future.

geposted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 4:45 pm
So what exactly must I do to make my definition file work again?

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 3:34 am
Virtualdj detects the controller input, just no mappings work. I have tried creating an entirely new mapping file and mapping a simple play command to a button, and when i press it nothing happens.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 4:18 am
PS: There was a bug that's fixed on current Early Access build that it would completely prevent using a custom device without a license.
Please download the latest EA build from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html and try again.

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 9:40 am
Alright, So I downloaded the latest build. The buttons and mappings are working correctly, however there is zero LED function?

geposted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 2:26 pm
Well, I just got a Numark Orbit controller, but it does not seem to work with Virtual DJ. Can anyone help me?

geposted Tue 14 May 19 @ 9:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)