Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how does VDJ manages E:\ G:\ F:\ D:\ etc on external drive

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi
I've noticed this a couple of times.
there are different drive letters on my external drive inside database.xml file.

At the begining i wondered why but then i realized that connecting the EXT HD in other PC (that has VDJ)
adds that info to the xml file, thats because of different hub connector or in case other ext drives are connected to the PC.
but isnt there a risk of getting a currupted xml file with so many different Drive letters ?

I usually transfer from my ext HD to a 64 gig Usb key
i keep the same directory tree so i just need to change the letter inside the xml file.
But the fact that i find so many different drive letters inside the file bothers me a lot.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 3:45 pm
You could set it on each machine so when the drive is mounted it keeps the same letter, then delete all the extra entries.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 3:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For VDJ it doesn't matter, it will use whatever drive letter the drive has at the moment of opening the database.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 4:14 pm
Is there more than one database entry per track or are they just assigned different letter from when they were added?

You can check this with pspad or a similar xml editor.

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 4:25 pm
I will check that out.

As adion wrote, if VDJ automatically changes drive letter so i dont need to worry :)

geposted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 4:55 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)