Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 Issue on DDJ SX.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Before 8.2, I was able to select an effect using Fx Select knob but now I can't use that knob anymore. Is there another way to select my effects or is there a way to remap it back? The knobs now function to increase or decrease the strength of the effect. Thanks in advance.

geposted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 4:48 am
In Single FX mode (which I guess it's the one you're using) you need to click "FX2" or "FX3" button to scroll through the list of effects

geposted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 6:50 am

geposted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 8:44 am
Thanks for getting back to me. I had tried following the manual to no avail. I tried again as you suggested and none of the knobs works according to the manual. Can only use the knobs to increase or decrease the strength and nothing else. Any other ideas?

geposted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 4:08 am
How many effects do you see on screen ?
If you see 3 effects per deck then SHIFT + FX1,2,3 buttons should change the effects per slots
If you see 1 effect, first button should turn on/off the effect, second button should select the previous effect, and third button should select the next effect.

PS: Since some of the changes are recent perhaps you need to make sure you're running the latest version of VirtualDj 8.2

geposted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:05 am
Thanks for the response. I am running b3398. Is there a newer version than that? I tried your suggestions and this is what i have found.
1. The buttons are working in the opposite of what they used to do. In contrast to what they are now, it used to be very simple and straight forward. You use the knob to select the effect you want to use, press the button to turn it on and then use the knob to control the strength of the effect. You only use Shift for additional parameters.
2. Now even you select FX 1 or 2 on a channel it does not light up to show that it is activated. I don't know if i am doing something wrong or there are mapping issues. I am using the factory default mapping for my controller: DDJ SX.
Thanks for your help.

geposted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:27 am
The FX1 & FX2 buttons on the mixer section of SX have changed completely. Now they clone the effects from one deck to another.
Therefore you don't use these buttons anymore to tell which FX unit will control the effects of the deck.

With the 8.2 mapping:

1) FX1 & FX2 buttons clone the effects from one deck to another
2) FX Unit 1 (left side) controls the effects of the current left deck
3) FX Unit 2 (right side) controls the effects of the current right deck

For Single FX mode:
4) First knob of the FX Unit (FXU) controls the strength of the effect
5) First button of the FXU activates/deactivates the effect
6) Second knob of the FXU controls additional parameters
7) Second button selects the previous effect on the effect list
8) Third knob of the FXU controls additional parameters
9) Third button selects next effect on the effects list.

So basically, button 37 turns on/off the effect, and buttons 38 and 39 scroll through the effects (allow you to select the effect you wish to apply) and knob 33 controls the strength of the effect.

I can't see how this is complicated. There's no need to use SHIFT button to simply control the effect in Single FX mode

geposted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 7:39 am
Thanks for your detailed explanation. The above instructions are not working for me. Looks like i am the only one having this issue and there might be something wrong with my controller. I am opening a support ticket so i can give you a very detailed explanation (probably too lengthy to post here). PhantomDeejay, please watch out for this ticket since you have been working on this issue already.

geposted Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 11:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a heads up. The big difference between the previous mapping version and the current one, is that the FX1 and FX2 units are now dedicated to the left and right decks respectively. In the previous mapping files you could assign the 2 FX units to whatever decks you wish via the FX1/FX2 buttons, but as explained above, those buttons now simply clone the effects from one deck to the other.

geposted Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 10:01 am
djdad,

I honestly don't know if it is something wrong with my controller or the mapping. Mind you i am having these issues in factory default mapping. This is in detail what is going on (a copy of which i sent to support)
In Single FX mode
The only effect in my bank that the buttons work according to the manual is Reverb. I can select it using the second button and turn it on and off using the first button. I can use the first knob to manage the strength. With any other effect in my bank, i can select it using button 2 but i can not turn it on using the first button. Even if i manually turn an effect (that is apart from Reverb) in VDJ using the mouse, the first button cannot turn it off but i can use the first knob to control strength and must use the computer to turn it off.
In Multi FX Mode:
All the KNOBS work as in the manual.
Button one turns on and off effect 2. Button 2 turns on and off effect 2. Button 3 turns on and off effect 3. I cannot turn on or off effect one with any of the buttons.
Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 3:55 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
FX 2_1_On, is mapped wrong, reads 'effect_active 2'

should read 'effect_active 1'

Same error on SX2 mapping too.

geposted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 4:23 am
Thanks a billion. Effects issues resolved.

geposted Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 4:21 am
webedgePRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had the same issue but about to see if this helps...

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:12 am
Still an issue or should I modify the mapping?

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 3:52 am
Either update to the early access release [currently 3420] or change the mapping yourself.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 4:04 am
how do i get access to that build to test?

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:05 pm
type 'early' into options search, tick yes, close v8 and restart

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:08 pm
thank you sir. testing in a few

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 12:32 am
Actually 3420 is now a public official build. Therefore you don't need to enable 'Early Access' builds if you don't want to.
Just update to the latest official build.

geposted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)