Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Loud Spike Sound Thru my Sound System using VDJ8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

While using VDJ8 I will get a loud spike thru my sound system when I touch anything on the effected deck. The only way to clear the issue is to reboot everything. The system I'm using is Mac Book Pro OS X 10.8.5 A newly purchased Denon MC4000 - I recently exchanged my brand new Denon MC6000mk2 because I thought the spiking was caused by a hardware issue. I've been using VDJ since I went from CDs to Midi some 6 years ago. I do like the product and am use to it, but can't have the spiking. I tried loading VDJ 7.4 back on since I still own the license to it, but it won't map the Denon MC4000. By the way, the 4000 works flawlessly with Serato but I really would like to stick with what I've used in the past. Help me not buy Serato!!!

geposted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 3:12 pm
does it happen without the controller?

does it happen using the controller on another computer?

what does the spike sound like?

geposted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 4:19 pm
The spike sounds like a loud pop thru the sound system - I have not tried it on another computer. This is the same computer that I used using VDJ 7.4 with no issues for years with my Denon MC6000. I haven't tried it without a controller. But it did happen or two different controllers - denon mc6000mk2 which I purchased in August of this year (returned) and mc4000 which I just purchased a few days ago ( replacement). Both of those units are built for Serato. I haven't been able to map VDJ7.4 on the 4000.

I will try reloading VDJ8 and run it just off the Mac. But my feeling is there's some incompatibility with the two controllers I've tried using so far.

geposted Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 4:45 pm
So it's either the software or the computer, since you have changed the controllers. If it was the software, I would expect other users having the same issue. This could still be true, but until we see others with the same issue, let's focus on your computer. Maybe it's the cable, USB port. Can you try on another Mac?

Another thing I would ask is, are you on carpet? I use to have an issue with my system, in the winter time with static from dry air and carpet. It only happened in the winter time. If I left the booth, and came back, and reached for the mouse, just as I would almost touch it I would get a loud pop. It didn't happen every time, and took me until the next winter to figure it out. Once I sprayed the carpet with water, it never happened again. I now carry a spray bottle with me even to mobile events.

geposted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 8:13 pm

My computer ran VDJ 7.4 and 8 with my Denon MC6000 without this issue. I don't have another Mac to try. This issue is intermittent and once it happens (usually 1 time during the gig) the problem typically doesn't recur. However a lot of my songs sound different almost like there's a light popping sound embedded in the audio. The USB cable is brand new and I've tried my old one as well. As far as static electricity is concerned. My now returned DN-6000MK2 was mounted in an Odyssey Case on a 19 inch rack. The box has a computer grade power strip built in it. I've made sure the whole case is sufficiently grounded. I totally understand carpets and static but in both failures with the MK2 - I was on wooden floors. I'm trying to replicate the problem here at my house which does have carpets and it's happened only once with my mc-4000 using the same VDJ8 install I used with my MK2. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my jog wheel configuration for vinyl. I typically shut it off in the mapping section of VDJ8. But I haven't done it yet since I reloaded a fresh copy of VDJ8. Maybe that's why the issue hasn't reoccured. I'll load VDJ8 on my windows 7 laptop as well and see how it works. The MC4000 won't map to VDJ7.4.

geposted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 3:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)