Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Consistently Drops, Loses Midi Connection!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a Vestax Spin 1st generation midi controller and Virtual DJ drops the midi connection regularly. It's gotten so bad that I deleted Virtual DJ 8 and I'm in the process of looking for an alternative program. It will happen in the middle of a gig and my controller stops responding but the music keeps playing and I have to use my trackpad to stop it. I've replaced USB cables and the problem persists. I thought it might be an issue with my Vestax Spin controller but after Virtual DJ drops the connection I can immediately open a program like Algoriddim DJay and my controller works perfectly fine. It must be an issue with the VDJ8 software as I've read multiple posts in the forums here and seen videos on YouTube of other DJ's having the same issue with a wide variety of controllers. Atomix please look into this:-) I love VDJ8 but I can't use it to perform in it's current unreliable state.

Yosemite 10.10.5 | VDJ 8.2 b3456 | MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2012

geposted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 12:45 am
djgabrieldiggs wrote :
It will happen in the middle of a gig

Please be aware that a Controller (Plus) license is for home use only, and that professional use requires a Pro (Infinity) license or a monthly subscription license.

geposted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 1:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Next time this happens, please try this..
Goto VirtualDJ Settings ->Controllers tab
Right-Click on the Vestax device (hopefully it will be in the list) and choose "Reconnect"
See if that helps.

Tip : Make sure the Vestax sound card is not the default sound card of your Operating system. Select the built-in sound of your computer instead (from Utilities->Audio Setup)

geposted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 3:54 pm
@DJDad thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try next time the issue occurs. Do you have any idea why this happens? Could a skin be the cause behind the issue perhaps? I can't remember this problem happening back when I was using a different skin. I do recall that it began after I upgraded to a different customized skin but it also could have been after I upgraded my VDJ8 past a certain version as well. Or maybe a bad oninnit or other midi command? I'd love to solve this once and for all:-)

geposted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 5:20 pm
UPDATE: I think I've narrowed down the problem to a loose/failing USB port on the rear of my Vestax Spin. I did a few tests, cleaned the port and bent the contacts inside so as to make for a firmer connection. I did an extended practice session and everything performed reliably. I just wish I hadn't tossed out my old DJ TechTools cable! Ah well you live you learn...

geposted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 4:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)