Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Skipping (2-3 secs in second part of any song, randomly)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but could not find any described situation matching mine.

System details:
-13" MBP Retina on 256GB SSD (32GB still of available space)
-VDJ 8.2 (latest build) (Pro/Infinity)
-Pioneer XDJ-AERO (latest Firmware)
(otherwise please see picture attached, also for the settings of VDJ 8.2)

I dj once a month at a gig that is purpose built for (rave) parties, where sound can achieve extreme levels. It has top/state of the art Hi-Fi sound system, separate power supplies for lights and music, etc.

At the last two gigs two different songs (randomly) went silent/skipped for 2-3 seconds. One time it happened on Deck A, the other on Deck B. I was able to see that both times it happened in the second half of the relevant songs, if not more towards the end.

The podium where the DJs set up is right on top of the bass, but a SSD hard drive should not be affected by this. Also, there is a smoke machine, however both times it was not on.

Note: when I set up the system at home, the same two songs (and for that matter any songs) do not skip and play smoothly.

What could be the issue? Would anyone know what a possible solution can be?

Many thanks in advance.

geposted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 8:45 pm
This is prob the same issue a lot of us with macs and pioneer controllers where having. The only thing after a freakin year that fixed this it seems was to update the Os to Sierra the latest OSx. Yosemite and El Capitan is suspected to have an issue with midi audio causing this to happen

geposted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 9:30 pm
I have experienced the same

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 6:34 am
As I Said... Could be the OSX

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 8:10 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can any one of the developers or staff confirm this?

I have experienced the same issue myself.

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 12:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I can't. I recently did a stress test on my old mac mini (regular hdd, 4gb ram, i5) with Pioneer DDJ-SX, CDJ2000NXS2 and Numark Dashboard connected at the same time, playing in automix for hours with latency set to 128 samples, and didn't experience any sound drop at all.

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 1:53 pm
Ok. Is it safer to just upgrade to Sierra?

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 2:33 pm
Adion wrote :
playing in automix

Maybe that's the reason you had no issues. The software was running but the hardware was not being used (i.e. buttons pushed, faders moved, jogwheels turned etc).

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 9:28 pm
DJ Koz wrote :

Yes I did it and it corrected this issue for me

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 10:15 pm
DJ Andrew Ryan wrote :
DJ Koz wrote :

Yes I did it and it corrected this issue for me

Ok. Cool. Thanks for confirming!

geposted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 10:34 pm
So a friend of mine has the Pioneer DDJ SR. He upgraded to Sierra and is still getting freezes and dropouts.

geposted Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 8:32 pm
Ok, but what will happen if you upgrade.

geposted Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 6:08 am
Hi All - thank you very much for your contributions so far. I will upgrade to the latest OSx and report here about progress in my situation set up. Note that after the upgrade I will only know for sure after the next gig (20 November), as in the home setting the issue does not seem to occur.

Thanks again!

geposted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 1:33 pm
No issues with El Cap running any hardware that I've thrown at it.

And I'm running QTZ files, Resolume and VDJ with timecodes most of the time. I have multiple USB cameras hooked up with a USB monitor and either a iPad or Android tablet controlling either VDJ or Resolume.

Honestly dont think its the OS .......

geposted Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 6:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)