Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issue with DNS1200 midi setup - need help to get 100% functional

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I checked all over the forum and have tried most recommendations that I found before starting a thread.

Basically I would like to be able to use 100% of the midi functions on both units simultaneously (buttons and LEDS + screen read outs)

My problem:

Macbook Pro 15 running OSX 10.10.2
VDJ 8.2 b3471

I have two Denon DNS1200 CD/midi players that are compatible.
The soundcard setup is fine, it works flawlessly.

When I follow Denon recommendations:
Player 1 : MIDI SET 1 + UNIT SET 1
Player 2 : MIDI SET 2 + UNIT SET 2

The first player functions flawlessly: all buttons work and light up as they shoud, the display functions as well
The second player's buttons work just like the first player but the rest doesn't work: no screen, no LED's and no button backlighting
The sound cards work flawlessly though. Getting the right sound from Player 1 to mixer CH1, Player to to CH2

When I follow VDJ recommendations ( http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-S1200.html )

Player 1: MIDI SET 1 + UNIT SET 1
Player 2: MIDI SET 1 + UNIT SET 2

I was thrilled at first because the screens and buttons respond to the app properly (changed config, rebooted MBP and lauched VDJ app)
But once I hit a button, NONE WILL RESPOND.

So it seems I have to settle for a setup where I can actually use the gear but must sacrifice any visual feedback on the second unit.
Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a setting that can be changed to get the second player running at 100% ?

Thanks in advance guys

geposted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:31 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe the unit offers the ability to set to a specific MIDI Channel. If so, set both units to the same MIDI Channel 1.
Its mentioned at the very last line of the wiki link you posted above.

geposted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:29 pm
That is exactly what I did in the second run. The screens work fine and buttons light up, but NONE of the player's buttons actually react. They look good but BOTH are completely INOPERATABLE. Thanks for your answer though, I appreciate you taking the time to answer

geposted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 12:31 am
anyone else care to take a shot at it?

geposted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 12:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)