Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Script ("action code") for making a button light toggle on/off after 1 & 2 presses respectively?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

As per post title ...

geposted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 12:12 am
I guess to make the LED turn on, you just script the command you want e.g. "sampler_pad 12".

But how do l make it turn off?

I guess logically, what l'm asking is to also script the opposite case scenario as an alternative, and then wrap it all up into one sentence, along with the original command.

So, in the case of triggering sample no. 12 of a sample bank, does anybody have a clue how to make a *second button press* = sample stop playing AND LED turn off? That could be sample completely stop, or sample pause (l'd prefer sample completely stop, because l've already got a sample pause command l think).

I just need to make LED turn off, and the sound to cease, upon the second button press ....

geposted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 11:48 pm
Considering that my Akai APC Mini cannot even toggle a sample on / off with the same button press (on VDJ *and* on Ableton), l'm guessing this action is actually impossible.

How odd.

geposted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 4:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
sampler_pad X (where X is the sampler slot #) should do the job.

For the AKAI Mini, since its defined with RGB Leds (even though its not a true RGB), you will need to map the LED_ of the Pad to something like
sampler_pad X ? get_sample_color X : off

or choose a color ..
sampler_pad X ? color 'green' : off

geposted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:35 am
Hi there, it's well into early morning here in the UK :^)

Will this actually cause a sample to play and then stop after 1 and 2 button presses respectively?

Edit: oh l forgot, that wasn't even what the OP was asking. But still, do you know if there's a way?

geposted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 6:05 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It depends on the Trigger Pad mode. If its on on/off, yes it will do what you want. If you want to bypass the Trgger Pad mode and always have the buttons to play/stop the Samples, then you should have ..
sampler_play_stop X
and probably query sampler_play X for the LED

geposted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:32 pm
THANKS DUDE!!! FINALLY GOT IT (from your solution)

It's :

sampler_play_stop [sample no. goes here]

geposted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 6:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)