Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Content Unlimited not working offline.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am subscribed to Content Unlimited and I got a DJ gig tommorow at a bar that I know has extremely slow wifi, but when I tried playing the songs offline today, they would not work and then when I went back online, they seemed to also stop working, I do not want to redownload my entire list only for them to stop working again. I tried Refreshing the DRM, but that did not work.

These songs have only been downloaded in the last week!

The songs though are still in the Downloaded Content folder.

Content Folder as seen in VDJ: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byc8kA3xHFe8ZkJHSGtwT2Y0MFk
Content Folder as seen in Finder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byc8kA3xHFe8Q0V1cDF5eHAxQms

There is nothing in the download queue.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
macOS Sierra 10.12.
8GB RAM, 256GB SSD.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 12:30 pm

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 9:24 pm
Except, I don't get paid for my gigs, so technically I am allowed to do this gig using VDJ and I quote from Prices & License page:
"If you are using VirtualDJ professionally (as defined in the EULA: "if you earn money using VirtualDJ "), you need to purchase a PRO license."

I do not earn money via VDJ, so this is allowed.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 10:02 pm
So you're not DJ McElholm (whose first name is also Sean) advertising for £40 a night and posting mixes and tracks that you've made on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube?

He's got a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro too, and uses VDJ (nice picture of it online). Must be coincidence then.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 10:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I get doing it for the love & all but don't work for free for a comercial entity, even if you just rake in 20 quid and drinks [and whatever else may be on offer ;-) ]
10 or so weeks and you've paid for a pro-licence, and think about it, you're stressing over CU [something you've paid for] for a night you earn diddly squat from, at least cover that baw ache

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 10:44 pm
hipfanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Groovin I love ya man.

geposted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 11:48 pm
£40 a night. Another would be DJ ripping the arse out of people who do the job as a professional and have invested many thousands of pounds over the years. Sad.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 3:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's nice to see so many users supporting Atomix and shouting at anyone who violates our License Agreement, but you should also see the desert too, not just the camel, meaning , 5 posts about violating License Agreement but none about the reported issue itself ?!
@groovin You are promoted to Senior Detective.

@OP. What exactly do you get when those tracks are loaded ? Error on the deck ?
Perhaps something is blocking your computer from connecting to our servers and validate your CU License ?
Were those tracks recently downloaded ? Can you try to search for them again and see if downloading them to cache again, they play offline now ?

The Download Queue folder is showing tracks currently being downloaded, so , if you dont download anything at that moment, of course it will be empty.

For just 13 tracks, re-downloading them wont take much time i guess.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 7:52 am
djdad wrote :
It's nice to see so many users supporting Atomix and shouting at anyone who violates our License Agreement, but you should also see the desert too, not just the camel, meaning , 5 posts about violating License Agreement but none about the reported issue itself ?!
@groovin You are promoted to Senior Detective.

@OP. What exactly do you get when those tracks are loaded ? Error on the deck ?
Perhaps something is blocking your computer from connecting to our servers and validate your CU License ?
Were those tracks recently downloaded ? Can you try to search for them again and see if downloading them to cache again, they play offline now ?

The Download Queue folder is showing tracks currently being downloaded, so , if you dont download anything at that moment, of course it will be empty.

For just 13 tracks, re-downloading them wont take much time i guess.

Attomix have since fixed the issue via a ticket, so this can be L&A.

@Others, I do DJing because I love doing it, not because I make a profit, if you know my circumstances, you would know £40 for like 1 or 2 gigs a year is nothing and the fact I don't get paid for this gig means I simply cannot afford Pro License. Would I buy a pro license if I had the money? YES.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 8:41 am
Sean_McElholm wrote :
I simply cannot afford Pro License

That's why there's a monthly rental option - you know, like you do for your music. When there's a gig imminent, pay the fee for the month. :-)

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 10:42 am
groovindj wrote :
Sean_McElholm wrote :
I simply cannot afford Pro License

That's why there's a monthly rental option - you know, like you do for your music. When there's a gig imminent, pay the fee for the month. :-)

I will keep that in mind, but checking the pricing of Pro, it doesn't seem to include CU which would mean that I would need to pay for both CU and PRO which I cannot do both. When money gets better, I will definitely checkout the PRO though.

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 12:13 pm
Sean_McElholm wrote :
it doesn't seem to include CU

Well no, of course not. None of the licenses include CU - it's an add-on option.

Pro DJs tend to purchase their music, as it's their essential "tools of the trade". As a pro, you can't (IMO) be relying on a streaming service or renting music when the client is paying you good money! When the client asks for a track, it's better to say "I have it" than "Oh just a sec, I need to get online and rent it from some place". :-)

geposted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 12:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)