Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Music that I haven't specifically told to add to SearchDB is showing up in my browser content

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

branchhPRO InfinityMember since 2016
What do I have set wrong?
3 content sources:
1. AIFF, lossless library
2. MP3, lossy library (used by iTunes & mobile device sync'ing)
3. MP4, video library

Audio: 80% of the desired browser content comes from the AIFF library with 20% coming from MP3 library for content that I don't have a lossless version

The other 80% of my MP3 library is showing up in my browser view even know I haven't specifically "added" it to the SearchDB...

What is going on? My SearchDB is really f!?ked up now. How do I get rid of the 80% of undesired MP3s from the browser view?

Is it somehow showing up because VDJ is pointed to iTunes and seeing the rest of the MP3s there?

Help!

geposted Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 7:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
options autosearchdb is set to No?

geposted Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 9:27 pm
Yep!

geposted Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 10:01 pm
use the removed from database and then clean the database.

geposted Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 10:35 pm
(I exposed the In SearchDB field in the columns for testing)

If I create a filter folder using something like: File Type = MP3 or File Type = AIF...
Resulting list only shows me entries in the SearchDB

But, if I create a filter folder using: group by "insert field name"
Resulting list always shows both the In SearchDB and non-SearchDB entries

Something is BROKEN with GROUP BY behavior

filter folder should have one consistent behavior which this shows it does not...

Even if I put the filter folder inside of a virtual folder and set the scope to database, I still get both In & non SearchDB entries

geposted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 3:51 am
if you have autoSearchDB set to YES and you browse through a folder that has media files they are automatically added to your database.

filter folder only display information in the database they do not search your entire drive for media.

also for the filter folder try

file type is mp3
or
file type is aif

scope to database to get all files contained in the database

geposted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 10:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Use a filter folder to get all .MP3 files, select them and remove them from search DB.

Now your "group by" filter folder should work as expected.

geposted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 3:04 pm
my autoSearchDB is set to no

If I create a virtual folder, then add a filter folder which is set to File Type = MP3 and scope of database then I don't get any entries in the browser list which have an entry of "" for InSearchDB

If I add another filter folder in the same virtual folder, which is set to Group by Artist and scope of database then I do get entries in the browser list which have an entry of "" for InSearchDB

This is a bug!

geposted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 4:53 pm
How can I find the auto-added entries in the database.xml?

Are they uniquely identifiable? how?

Flag="1" or "2" or "64" or "65"

Flag= at the Song level or Tags level?

There is currently no way using VDJ UI to identify & delete the auto-added entries as I've tried everything that other folks have suggested.

If I have to wipe the database.xml for my mp3 library, it will cost me a couple of days to manually add the entries back.

Someone have some deep understanding of the database.xml structure that could help as I am not getting any respones from VDJ support side...which is a shame

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 12:18 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Only VDJ staff can tell you that for sure.

From my experience I believe that the "Flag" in the "Song" element adresses if it is in the searchDB. 1 schould be in searchDB, 64 not in searchDB.
But there are other values such as 8256 aswell which I haven't fount out what they mean.

MAYBE, but that is pure guessing, that flag CAN tell you if it was added by "autoAddToSearchDB".
But I'm not sure if it possible at all.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 9:55 am
I appreciate the help!

geposted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 4:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
All files are added to the search database (regardless of the setting) but with the setting enabled they are hidden from the search.

However it does seem that this is ignored by 'group by' so we will look into it. Thanks for the report.

geposted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 3:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)