Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: New to vitual dj

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

cranceHome userMember since 2016
klinda new to djing have the plan to be a vj any help on personal tips i should consider

geposted Tue 27 Dec 16 @ 10:47 pm
Hello and welcome! I could possibly give a few tips.

Never set the gain too high or you can expect distortion.

Play around and practice a LOT. You will never regret practice! :)

If you plan on getting any equipment, do loads and loads of research first! You want your big ticket purchases to be right first time :)

Push your boundaries. Try new stuff when you're mixing at home. There's not anyone listening, so you can have some fun and mess up as much as you need.

Know your music. It is very important to know a track very well so you can get used to your entry and exit points. Another advantage would be that if you are at a gig, and someone suggested something, you will know for sure if you have the song or not.

That's all I got. Hope I could help!

geposted Wed 28 Dec 16 @ 3:25 am
Read the two 'starred' posts called DJ Mixing and Club Mixing at the top of this (Mix lessons) forum area.

Watch lots of YouTube videos on the subject.

Meet other DJs. Go to any DJ meets/shows/exhibitions you can find. Join in. Talk to people. Volunteer to work with /for a more experienced DJ for a while.

geposted Wed 28 Dec 16 @ 10:49 am
davesheaControlleristMember since 2014
1) Read the forums, check out YouTube
2) Practice, practice, practice.
3) Dont be afraid of the software, play around with everything and make sure you know what everything does.
4) Learn your tracks inside out. Learn what tracks mix well with each other.
5) Have fun :)

geposted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 3:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)