Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Traktor S5

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Sent my Pioneer DDJ RR's back as they diodn't work well woth VDJ & the Rekordbox sodtware didn't work well with the Pioneer DDJ RR. I'm looking at a Traktor S5, anyone know if that works well with VDJ

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 11:47 am

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 11:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Traktor S8 may be supported in the near future (and S5 probably after that), but we cant provide any ETA. So if you need a controller that works as plug n play with VirtualDJ, certainly Traktor S5 is not one of them.

geposted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 1:07 pm
Can anyone suggest the best controller that works out of the box with VDJ? I've tried the Pioneer DDJRR and that was pointless. Liked the look of the Traktor S5 but that's a non starter. Have a budget of up to £600.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 12:28 pm
well I have just got the Numark NVii and that works great out of the box with VDJ and around the right sort of money. I haven't used many others so couldn't say it is the best, but it is 4 deck, dual screen and has XLR outputs which you dont get on many models at that price range.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 1:13 pm
AnarchistDJ wrote :
Can anyone suggest the best controller that works out of the box with VDJ? I've tried the Pioneer DDJRR and that was pointless. Liked the look of the Traktor S5 but that's a non starter. Have a budget of up to £600.

Why was the DDJ-RR pointless? It should be fully supported. I've just read the VDJ operations manual for it

Anyway... If whatever was pointless with Pioneer DDJ-RR was because of it being made for Rekordbox, but you liked the layout, maybe the Pioneer DDJ-SR?
Basically the same thing, but build mainly for Serato, and well supported (IMO) in VDJ8 (I own one of those)

Personally I love the Denon controllers, so for 2 channels I would probably get a MC4000.
I often use a MC3000 (discontinued) and love it
But please note that the MC4000 does not have the becoming-the-standard 8 pads

If you like great jogwheels I would get the Reloop Teminal Mix 8.
I have the Reloop Teminal Mix 4, and I love the jog wheels
The Teminal Mix 8 is basically an upgrade of the Teminal Mix 4 and has the 8 pads
EDIT: Just saw you started out asking about the Traktor Kontrol S5 which has no jogwheels.
So I guess jogwheels is not a priority for you, in which case one of the best parts of the Teminal Mix 8 is irrelevant :)

geposted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 3:07 pm
Wait a few more days for the NAMM show. There are bound to be some new ones announced.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 6:01 pm
Also don't forget to budget for a VDJ license.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 6:53 pm
Exactly what didn't you like about the DDJ-RR? I sent my DDJ SR back, and was getting ready to order the RR. I would have order it first, but did not know that we supported it. I actually loved the SR, but the RR has a few more options, XLR outs, colored pads, booth control on top of deck, needle drop. It has the dreaded power adapter, but it does not out way the pluses.

So what didn't you like about the RR.

geposted Tue 03 Jan 17 @ 11:44 pm
djdad wrote :
Traktor S8 may be supported in the near future (and S5 probably after that), but we cant provide any ETA. So if you need a controller that works as plug n play with VirtualDJ, certainly Traktor S5 is not one of them.

Perfect, have been waiting for this

geposted Wed 04 Jan 17 @ 11:46 pm
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
My Traktor S5 is still in the box as I can't use it with VDJ8, but I'd love to have a play with it so if you need help with testing etc... I DJ part-time, daytime job is a Software Engineer but I've not played with VDJ scripting.

geposted Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:11 am
Hallo liebes Team,

wollte fragen ob es bald die Möglichkeit gibt auch mit einem Traktor S5 aufzulegen?

LG und danke im Voraus

geposted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 2:52 am
dwellyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Any new on Traktor S5/S8 support with / without screens?

geposted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 4:03 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)