Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: New To Virtual Mixing

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

albusqHome userMember since 2017
DJ for 10+ years on delicious vinyl and 1200's + Denon variable pitch CD players later on.

I just got back into it and I am totally lost on Virtual DJ. Oh I've made some good mixes and my 'ear' came back pretty quickly but, in my sets, I used some slams and hard backspins when I wanted to change tempos or the songs that I wanted in the set just wouldn't synch up.

I've looked for tutorials on google but they're about as well written and lucid as a five year old on acid.

Slamming virtually just hasn't worked for me. By the time I hit play, move the slider, etc.. it sounds like garbage. I haven't worked on doing a backspin to get out of a song just yet.

Can one or some of you advanced users explain the methodology to me like I'm five?

Thanks in advance

geposted Wed 01 Feb 17 @ 3:25 pm
I assume you're just using the computer (no controller)?

Time to buy yourself a USB DJ controller. One with onboard audio will be best, as it will allow you to have a dedicated cue output for headphones.

Check the VDJ wiki for a list of supported units, and pick one that suits your budget.

geposted Wed 01 Feb 17 @ 6:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)