Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 30 second video clips used for vj'ing only play for 4 to 7 seconds then hang and replay, but other video files play fine.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been fighting this for a while and started a ticket but could use the guru's help on here.

Problem: If i try to add 30 a vj clip(h264 from vj sites) to a regular mp3 by dragging it to Visuals "Deck A" it will only play for 4 to 7 seconds then hangs for a milisecond then starts over. My hope is these vj clips would behave like in Serato and play on a continuous seemless loop (like Milkdrop which works flawlessly). The odd part is when i drag the same 30second clip into into the MAIN Deck that you normally drag songs to, the whole 30 seconds play flawlessly. Also if i load any other full length music video into the main deck and play it the visuals work perfectly.

Computer Asus Q550 I7 processor Geforce 840m newest driver (have tried 4 drivers) and 8 gigs of ram. Power managment max performance, Driver set to perfomance, I set up a specific rule for vdj to run on the 840m, See attached pic for vdj settings. I have tried setting video max mem to 1024 and 2048 with no difference so i changed it back to auto. I can verify vdj is running on the 840m, not sure if the output is working right. See other fps plugin pic. I tried setting the force full screen to 1 as well ( i heard with the asus and dedicated cards this was better?)

So here is how i add visuals. Drag Mp3 song to Deck A. Drag visual h264 vj clip to Video Deck A, Dialog pops up and says Save Track Edit. I hit yes. Then I hit play on Deck A. Visual plays for 4 to 7 seconds. Some times the visual wont play at all and freezes vdj. Is there a better way to assign visuals to a track? This is just nice on the fly.

Please help. I will be eternally gratefull!

geposted Sun 05 Feb 17 @ 7:50 pm
Well my logical brain is telling me that if your audio track is full length, then adding a short 30s video clip to that is not going to play for the entire length of the track. It's going to play for 30s max. What you should be doing IMO is playing the 30s video clip from a sample pad set to loop.

geposted Sun 05 Feb 17 @ 9:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you drag a video like that, vdj will try to match the audio from the clip with the audio from the mp3.
Since in this case both are unrelated this will not work well.

You can however open the mp3 in the video editor and add the video clip there and then save the track edit. (right click the mp3 and select video editor)

geposted Mon 06 Feb 17 @ 3:49 am
Adion, that sounds like a good idea. I was just dragging it in like I did in Serato. Does anyone have a better way of adding visuals on the fly? One would think dragging my vj clip in it would still play for the full 30seconds rather than just for 4 to 7 seconds. Also any video guys care to comment on my video settings?

Thanks.

geposted Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 5:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want the specific clip to stick with the specific file the video editor is the best option.
If you just want to play the clip while you don't have video from the music, probably using the sampler would be a better choice, and just trigger the samples from there.
If you want to have random clips playing for the songs that don't have video, you could use the SlideShow plugin and configure it as audioOnlyVisualisation.

Your video settings look fine, although I would keep videoForceFullScreen to 0 unless there are actual problems with having it at 0.

geposted Tue 07 Feb 17 @ 6:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)