Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Curious about using CDJ2000's (HID) instead of a Midi Controller (USB)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
8.o Pro User here, currently using a Behringer Midi controller...
Mapping the Behringer allows programming buttons/knobs with a deck left, deck right distinction. I've tried switching to using CDJ2000's as HID devices, but the system uses the same map for both, even though there are two versions of it showing in VDJ. Make a change to (what should be) the left one, the change also appears in the mapper for the right one.
There are some commands that I use where the left/right distinction is necessary. Example: Press play on deck 1, deck 1 will start in VDJ, but if you also want to issue a command that goes with the deck 1 play button, and a different one with the deck 2 Play button (to weird to describe here), it won't. The map is duplicated.
Any idea how you can make the system use two completely separate maps for the two devices?
Also, when connected as HID device, the right half of the display is taken up by the tagged album art. Any will to kill that so more of the song info appears in the display?
Thanks mucho...

geposted Sun 12 Feb 17 @ 11:26 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Give the mapper a new name, save it and select a different mapper for each device.

geposted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 4:40 am
mcs1234 wrote :

Also, when connected as HID device, the right half of the display is taken up by the tagged album art. Any will to kill that so more of the song info appears in the display?

No, that's part of the CDJ screen firmware

geposted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 12:55 pm
mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks guys. And Adion, I'll try it... :-)

geposted Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 3:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)