Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Soundspectrum visuallizations in VDJ 8.2 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

MI19+1PRO InfinityMember since 2015
I'am using visualization from soundspectrum (G-Force, WhiteCap and Aeon) in VDJ. In Version 8.1 everything is working nice. But in 8.2 there is following problem.

When activating G-Force, Aeon or WhiteCap in Virtual DJ (8.2-3573) all Virtual DJ menus are not visible anymore. For example drop down menu for visualization don't show the menu text entries. When deactivating the plugin text is visible again. This happens in all drop down menus of VDJ. Installing again 8.1 is working fine. System Windows 10 1607. VDJ Pro.

It seems the problem occurs with Virtual DJ 8.2. Yesterday i have installed latest 8.1 and there the plugins are working. Visuals are installed with soundspektrum setup. The visualization dlls could be then be found in folder "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Visualisations"
I activated the soundspectrumm plugin in drop down menu V.EFFECT. Plugin is working, but the text in the drop down menu "V.EFFECT" becomes only visible when you move with mouse over an entry. With other Virtual DJ plugins there is no Problem. Adressed the Problem already to soundspektrums developpers.
Not sure, but something is interacting whith VDJ grahical Surface which is resonsible for this behaviour.
In VDJ 8.1 the video windows (in which WhiteCap is running) has a titlebar, in VDJ 8.2 the titlebar doesn't exist anymore.
Latest NVIDIA Driver installed.

Any idea what changes in VDJ 8.2 are responsible for this behaviour?

geposted Wed 15 Feb 17 @ 8:18 am
Nobody here who can help?

I tried to set videoForceFullscreen to 1 and there the problem with the menu text is resolved, but VDJ graphical surface is freezing when activating and deactivating visualization.

Are there any special settings which i can try? I dont't understand why the soundspectrum plugins have these problems and for example milkdrop8 not. What's the difference of the video output window in VDJ 8.2 to 8.1? I saw that there is no titelbar in 8.2. But what else has changed?

geposted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 5:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could try videoForceFullscreen -1
It is the visualisation that should make sure it resets the state when it is finished processing though.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 5:55 pm
Thank you for Input. But this doesn't work.
Here is a Picture.

geposted Thu 16 Feb 17 @ 7:37 pm
same to me , but im nor sure if is my video card,
GK

geposted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 1:29 am
At the moment i'm not sure if it is a VDJ2 bug or a soundspectrum bug. I hope future updates will fix this.

geposted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 7:45 am
Soundspectrum depends are certain things being set and so does VDJ. Soundspectrum will change some settings and not reset them. VDJ does not set certain settings assuming they have already be set. It is a bit of both. For this particular problem it is probably one of the D3DTSS_COLORARG2 or D3DTSS_COLORARG settings. It can be fixed either in Soundspectrum or VDJ but the fix should be in Soundspectrum since it is subordinate to VDJ. I think with VDJ7 it would always set whatever it needed but that is not the case with VDJ8. Generally it is not a good idea to assume something has been set or not set but typically a program does not want to set more than what it thinks it should have to set or reset.

geposted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 1:37 pm
drew55Home user(dev lead from SoundSpectrum)Member since 2014
Hi,

dev lead from SoundSpectrum here. We're currently trying to figure out what D3D param our visuals that VDJ is having this issue. I've tried restoring a lot of texture state but no luck. Does a VDJ dev have any other suggestion what state vars to try? We don't change *that* many, so I'm not clear on what could be happening.

Drew

geposted Sat 10 Jun 17 @ 8:09 am
Should be easy for you do isolate settings if you are able to repeat the issue. Only other thing is be sure to set shader back to null if using as that will definitely cause skin colors to go crazy :) but seems just effecting text in menus so probably some other setting.

geposted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 9:47 pm
Would be amazing if sound spectrum has full functionality within VDJ!

geposted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 9:53 pm
drew55Home user(dev lead from SoundSpectrum)Member since 2014
Ok, success!

The new version of G-Force is about to go live that should have this issue addressed.

And, yes, our visuals would offer way more value of the VDJ vis API offered keyboard or mouse input events.

geposted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 8:05 pm
drew55 wrote :

And, yes, our visuals would offer way more value of the VDJ vis API offered keyboard or mouse input events.

Isn't that up to you then?? I mean there's plenty of other video plugins that offer controls, why don't you add them??

geposted Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 10:28 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
there's plenty of other video plugins that offer controls, why don't you add them??

+1

@Drew - if you build it, they will come....

geposted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 2:04 am
Hello,

the updated soundspectrum visualisations (WhiteCap Ver. 6.71, G-Force Ver. 5.70 and Aeon Ver. 3.91) working again in Virtual DJ 8.
Thank you for fixing it.

There is another problem in Virtual DJ with visualisations (maybe not soundspectrum specific).
When visualisation is activated i have bad FPS values.
When visualisation is started, for example milkdrop or WhiteCap FPS value starts at 60 FPS
and the rapidly decreases to values sometimes under 20 FPS (for both Skin and Video)
When i start a real Video the fps values for skin and Video are 60 fps.
Changing to 30 fps didn't Change anything. Also deactivating DXVA didn't help.
Also installed a fresh Windows 1607 with only VDj. sam problem. (Read that Creator update have fps problems with nvidia driver)

idle

playing Video

visualisations WhiteCap (without playing Music)

visualisations WhiteCap (standalone OpenGL) and Video

When changing standalone WhiteCap to direct3D i get also low FPS.
Maybe a problem with DirectX?
Any idea how to fix this?
With milkdrop i have the same poor fps values.
Is there a Problem with "visualisation engine"?

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 6:56 pm
Sometimes the fps is then so bad that Skin is freeting.
Music is playing the without Problems. After some tiime then Skin works again normal.
So the fps is a up and down. No idea at the Moment.
Tried also many different GForce Drivers. No success.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 7:08 pm
Nobody an idea?

geposted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 11:22 pm
maybe try disable DXVA and see if that helps.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 11:25 pm
hi,

what is your default fps setting for skin and video?, it happens to me when I activate the Milkdrop, only work for me in normal resolution, if i activate the High Quality Video , it depends on your video card,

set both the skin and the video on the options to 30 fps, and test it

GK

geposted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 11:32 pm
They are poorly implemented for VDJ. They are draw loop bound which can kill the frame rate.

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 2:50 am
Thank you for answering.

Changed the Settings to:
Skin --> fps 30
Video --> fps 30 fps
DXVA --> On
videoResampleQuality --> Medium

Resut is constant ~30fps for Skin and Video

Changing fps for Skin and Video back to 60 doesn' impress Vitual DJ much.
When milkdrop is activated the fps stays around 30 fps although 60 fps is activated in VDJ options.

Soundspectrum WhiteCap with same setting decreases the fps to 15 fps and sometimes much lower.
So Skin is stuttering, sometimes freezing.
Audio then is playing fine with no stuttering, Only Skin is stuttering or freezing. After a while Skin is again smooth.

When changing fps to 60 (for Skin and Video) WhiteCap is starting with 60fps, but after a while the fps values dropping again.

@drew55: Could you please have a look at this? Why happens this with soundspectrum's visualisations and not with milkdrop?

Maybe somebody can give dreww55 additional Information what's going wrong here.

Soundspectrum working constant smoothly with 60fps would be a nice thing.
When playing Videos (without virtualisation) 60 fps is also working (also with videoResampleQuality --> High activated). Why not for visualisations?

geposted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 7:39 am
67%