Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Output and Cue issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I had a gig the other day and I had some massive issues with virtual DJ. Through the process of elimination I was able to rule out hardware issus with my speakers and cables and determined it was either a software or hardware issue. When I do my gigs I run a line from my headphone jack, to my speakers. The line splints into a red and white channel. I have never had any problems except this time and nothing was playing through the speakers even though virtual DJ was playing. Additionally, I run a usb adapter so I can cue and listen to music on my headphones and I was unable to get this to cue as it used to. Please note I had not changed my settings since the last gig. Luckily I had a backup computer with an older version of virtual DJ so I was able to get through the gig. However I have been checking my settings in the meantime and I cannot find the rood of the issue. I am unable to cue and play music simultaneousy, my computer only want to choose one channel. My settings for the headphones and out soundcard have not changed. Please help

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 4:47 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
So, what ARE your settings?

And why do connect the speaker to your headphone out, and not to you USB-Soundcard?
What controller are you using?

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 7:19 am
Might be worth posting a screenshot of your audio setup.

On another note, wouldn't it be much better to just get an audio interface. Running from the headphone jack is not great for sound quality and interference. Also means you have to run dual soundcard setup to cue which can cause lag between the two outputs.

EDIT - You got there first PachN

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 7:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your Audio Setup should be like case B you see here

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 5:52 pm
Hey there, the issue is I don't have a controller. I'm about to buy one, but I've been djing without one for a about four years. Ill try out the suggestions you gave me! thanks a lot.

geposted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 1:50 am
]This was what I had been running for months though. All of a sudden it didnt work.

geposted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 1:57 am
don't know why you set up for mono.

You have 2 soundcards.

try changing those for a complete channel 1&2 for speakers (master) and channel 1&2 for your headphones.

geposted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 2:06 am
Correct setting for MONO from BOTH decks to BOTH audio channels from an internal/ USB sound card:
Use SPLITTER setting instead of internal sound card.
Master - internal sound card - channel 1 (mono)
Master - internal sound card - Channel 2 (mono)
*NOTE: You do NOT need a splitter. This is a VDJ setting ONLY. It took me a long time to figure this out, as I use an internal/ usb sound card and do not use an actual splitter.

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 2:28 pm
soundsxtreme wrote :
Stereo fails for large scale events

Who said he was doing a "large scale event"?

BTW the things you mentioned (speaking engagements, wedding ceremonies etc.) would have the relevant sound in mono anyway, as I assume you're talking about mic use - and (vocal) mics are mono.

[later] For anyone wondering what's going on, the above poster has now edited his post to remove all the stuff I was referencing. Nice one.

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 2:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)