Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PLEASE POST MAPPING FOR PIONEER DDJ-SZ2 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hello everyone, I'm hoping that the experts put a mapping soon for the Pioneer DDJ-SZ2 since now after buying it I learn that it's not plug n play with VDJ 8.

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 6:37 pm
It's not even on the "coming soon" list so it could be quite a while.

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 6:40 pm
I'd imagine that it wouldn't really be that different to an SZ, so should be quite easy for the VDJ guys to convert from one to the other - but it's likely that the mapping team just don't have access to an SZ2.

That's where you come in! If you have the unit then you should contact djdad, phantomdeejay etc. and volunteer to help them create a mapping.

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 6:47 pm
I'm willing to help, please forward my message if you have better contact with them :)

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 7:06 pm

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 7:08 pm
thanks for your feedback, much appreciated

geposted Wed 12 Apr 17 @ 7:32 pm
FigDj1PRO InfinityMember since 2017
I also got one and would love to use VDJ 8 with it. I am new to VDJ. I am in transition from Mixvibes Cross and Serato and I wanted to upgrade my controller from DDJ-SX to DDJ-SZ2 thinking that I would be able to use it with Serato and Cross while checking out VDJ. Thought that it would be a matter of initially using the DDJ-SZ map since that is already supported and is not that different from SZ2.

I am up for helping with testing but right now VDJ is basically without controller unless I set up with the DDJ-SX which I want to sell as soon as possible.

Developer or anyone listening that could Please Help!

geposted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 2:00 pm
Heyy guyz
I also recently bought DDJ-SZ2 and i really hate serato DJ as it has a lot of technical issues such as affecting the modified date of music files if they were analyzed in serato! Very complicated keyboard shortcuts! And poor decks and options layout! Very slow and can't even use it without a controller hooked up! Stupid crates that don't mirror your HDD files and folders but you should create new playlists and arrange your music again inside serato! Also any new track you download is not added automatically to your crate(playlist) unless you drag it manually!and it is not even comparable to VDJ8 at all!
I have been using VDJ for more than 10 years and i thought it won't be long till VDJ developers will make the SZ2 natively compatable with VDJ
So please VDJ provide the mapping as soon as possible

geposted Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 6:42 pm
jbdadjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I want to have faith in virtual dj...being a subscriber for almost 10 years. I don't understand how hard it would be to offer your customers immediate releases of hardware compatibility when a new controller is introduced. I have a Pioneer SZ2 that has been in the box because of no available mapping. I'm a thinking of going with Serato very soon and give them a try, at least they are up to date and compatible with most high end controllers. A very disappointed customer. Tired of hearing it will be released when it's released....if I told my clients I'll leave your event whenever I want and it is what it is I don't believe I would have to worry about having to many clients in the future.

geposted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 6:45 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
has no one tried any of the other pioneer mappings? there are a lot of items that will be the same, you can then build the mapper yourself by adding functionality and submit it to vdj for adding to the mapper sections.

my advanced video mapper for the mp3e2 is now proudly in the downloads section because i did just that.

im currently using pioneer ddj sb2 and have found numerous problems within the mapper that i need to address before it works completely. its a learning curve for sure when it comes to mapping, but its more than worth it when you see your work being recognised.

geposted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 6:50 pm
jbdadj wrote :
I want to have faith in virtual dj...being a subscriber for almost 10 years. I don't understand how hard it would be to offer your customers immediate releases of hardware compatibility when a new controller is introduced. I have a Pioneer SZ2 that has been in the box because of no available mapping. I'm a thinking of going with Serato very soon and give them a try, at least they are up to date and compatible with most high end controllers. A very disappointed customer. Tired of hearing it will be released when it's released....if I told my clients I'll leave your event whenever I want and it is what it is I don't believe I would have to worry about having to many clients in the future.

Well, the SZ2 is designed together with Serato for Serato. That's where the "S" comes from and the reason it says "Serato" on the unit
So they had it before it was a finished product, and they probably put in specific demands for it
(Look at the Pioneer "R"-series. "R" is for Rekordbox. None of those units work with Serato - but they all work with VDJ. Actually Serato only supports around 50 controllers. VDJ supports 250+)

I'm pretty sure Serato pay a lot of money for that.
So Pioneer don't send a unit to Atomix/VDJ before release, which means there is basically no way VDJ can be mapped for it on the release date.
Instead someone at Atomix/VDJ has to buy a unit from the store just like anyone else, or get help from someone that has bought the unit, and then mapping can start. In some cases the manufacturer puts protection in the unit so that it only works with one specific software. In those cases the protection has to be cracked before the mapping can start

So it's not a fair comparison - a more fair comparison would be how well it's mapped with Traktor compared to VDJ

Also remember that there is no law that says, that VDJ is required to work with every controller out there.
Until now we have been very fortunate that eventually they all seem to get supported, which in my opinion is a small miracle
Luckily you can always check which controllers are currently natively mapped with VDJ before you buy:
http://virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

geposted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 9:09 pm
Double post

geposted Tue 18 Apr 17 @ 9:25 pm
jbdadjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Pioneer sz2 has about 6 differences from the sz, but it takes 6 months to figure out. ???????? And a company that makes this much money should be able to afford to buy or rent a sz2. All you hear on these forums are excuses. I would like to have solutions. I'll accept that you can't keep up with customer service, but at least keep up with the technology, I'm sure my business makes no where near the money VDJ makes yet I have 6 of the 50 controllers.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 3:45 am
klausmogensen wrote :
jbdadj wrote :

Well, the SZ2 is designed together with Serato for Serato. That's where the "S" comes from and the reason it says "Serato" on the unit
So they had it before it was a finished product, and they probably put in specific demands for it
(Look at the Pioneer "R"-series. "R" is for Rekordbox. None of those units work with Serato - but they all work with VDJ. Actually Serato only supports around 50 controllers. VDJ supports 250+)

I'm pretty sure Serato pay a lot of money for that.
So Pioneer don't send a unit to Atomix/VDJ before release, which means there is basically no way VDJ can be mapped for it on the release date.
Instead someone at Atomix/VDJ has to buy a unit from the store just like anyone else, or get help from someone that has bought the unit, and then mapping can start. In some cases the manufacturer puts protection in the unit so that it only works with one specific software. In those cases the protection has to be cracked before the mapping can start

So it's not a fair comparison - a more fair comparison would be how well it's mapped with Traktor compared to VDJ

Also remember that there is no law that says, that VDJ is required to work with every controller out there.
Until now we have been very fortunate that eventually they all seem to get supported, which in my opinion is a small miracle
Luckily you can always check which controllers are currently natively mapped with VDJ before you buy:
http://virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html

+1 so good explained! Looking at the huge number of supported controllers it's really amazing!

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 5:18 am
jbdadj wrote :
All you hear on these forums are excuses

I don't see any excuses on these forums regarding unsupported controller - at least not from Atomix staff

It's more like:
1. We might support this unit eventually. No promises
2. As always there is no timeline
3. Please make sure you check the list of supported controllers before you buy a new one, if you want to use it with VDJ

Where is the excuse in that?
It's really more of a statement

jbdadj wrote :
I would like to have solutions

How can you expect that when absolutely no one made any promises that the SZ2 was ever going to be supported when it came out?
Do you expect the same from Serato or Rekordbox for any random controller?
Because then you are really out of luck - those guys only support very few controllers, and they don't care at all if you like it or not

But I guess you got lucky even after buying an unsupported controller, because Atomix are working on a mapper for the SZ2. It was posted in another thread on this forum:

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 5:49 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
jbdadj wrote :
Pioneer sz2 has about 6 differences from the sz, but it takes 6 months to figure out. ???????? And a company that makes this much money should be able to afford to buy or rent a sz2. All you hear on these forums are excuses. I would like to have solutions. I'll accept that you can't keep up with customer service, but at least keep up with the technology, I'm sure my business makes no where near the money VDJ makes yet I have 6 of the 50 controllers.

so whats your excuse for not scripting the map yourself like others would and help out by acting like a "member" of the VDJ "Community"?

a community that with so much script experience will come together to help you build the perfect mapper.

the solution to your problem lies in your own finger tips.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 3:43 pm
I think it would help if we had some kind of utility that helped create the definition files. That's the awkward part.

Mapping isn't too bad, as it's accessible in VDJ and you can copy existing ones and modify them - but the native definitions are all tucked away inside the executable and not user editable.

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 4:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 5:10 pm
VDJ team...

I believe I speak for all my beloved friends here too; we are not complaining, we know that you are doing a great job ahead of other DJ software companies which really don't care to support any controllers other than the ones they originally support, and that you are working hard to try to get all the available controllers to natively work with your software to provide customers satisfaction, bearing in mind that we know that your are really up to date with a huge number of controllers so far and working on the new ones too, along with the continuous software updates which show that hard work

However; we are always seeking for the best from VDJ team and we really want our community to get bigger and VDJ to continue to be the best software in the market and ahead of all other DJ softwares...

so for all the mentioned above; we really want VDJ to keep working harder and harder and provide the mappers for the DDJ-SZ2, which is the beast amongst all controllers...and since you already natively supported the DDJ-SZ it would be a win-win situation to support the new one too which will be a +1 for you
In my case, I knew that DDJ-SZ is natively supported by VDJ and I was placing an order to get it until the SSD-SZ2 popped up! and this is when I decided,like any other person in my situation would have done, to buy the NEW ONE of course and had faith in VDJ to support it in no time since its very similar to the DDJ- SZ
so without being long here, we really want your prompt support regarding the DDJ-SZ2 and to be natively supported

Many Thanks...

geposted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 5:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As stated in another topic, we are working on providing official support for the DDJ-SZ2. We cannot offer a specific date of release though. We will let you know once its completed.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 5:10 am
61%