Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NOTE] Spotify integration in VirtualDJ (Update pr Sept. 2017) - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

This is odd, Spotify login box just popped up asking me to sign in and said something about Virtual Dj and only allowing one stream at a time (or it may have said no more than 2 streams at a time) and is not recommended for dj use.. It came and went quite quickly, is this a leftover residue from the previous build?, I have Build 3896

geposted Sat 16 Sep 17 @ 1:05 pm

geposted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 2:00 pm

geposted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 2:22 pm
Support staff wrote :
2017-09-08 Update:
Spotify is currently no longer available in VDJ 8 as they have recently changed their terms in regards to using Spotify inside Professional DJ applications. We are in discussions with Spotify in order to restore and improve the service but currently no ETA can be provided.

Content Unlimited, Deezer, Groove Music and Pulselocker are still available as content providers.

----------------------------------------------------------

VirtualDJ Pro now includes a direct access to Spotify.

However, the current licensing terms of Spotify do not allow the streaming or caching of 2 tracks simultaneously.
VirtualDJ's implementation respects this license limitation, but as a result, please be aware that the Spotify experience might not be ideal for DJ use.

We are working closely with Spotify to try to find a solution for DJs that would allow for better implementation while respecting the license terms. In the meantime, we still provide access to Spotify from within VirtualDJ, but enforcing the limitations imposed by the current licensing.

VERY IMPORTANT TO SOLVE THIS. HOPE SPOTIFY IS REALLY HELPFULL !

geposted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 5:56 pm
elstrein wrote :

VERY IMPORTANT TO SOLVE THIS. HOPE SPOTIFY IS REALLY HELPFULL !

You probably shouldn't wait for it
If you want to use an online content provider that streams directly into VDJ, maybe try one of the other ones that's available:

- Content Unlimited
- Pulselocker
- Deezer
- Groove Music

geposted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 6:52 pm
Obviously there is a way to make it happen, the parties involved can't or won't make the appropriate deal.

Is a business decision for Atomix.

When/if djay Pro supports my NS6 on Windows I will be purchasing the app for Win10.

At $49.00 U.S., is not a risky investment.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 3:06 pm
TDBennett wrote :
Obviously there is a way to make it happen, the parties involved can't or won't make the appropriate deal.

Actually it was blocked by a record company (read the link above)

TDBennett wrote :
When/if djay Pro supports my NS6 on Windows I will be purchasing the app for Win10..

I have a feeling that if the record company notice djay Pro, they will be next to be blocked

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:06 pm
It is rather strange though...

Surely this record company also has their tracks available on Deezer, Groove etc? Why only have an issue with Spotify?

Also, why do they have a problem with VDJ but not Algoriddim's software? [edit] ah, you added to your post! :-)

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
It is rather strange though...
Surely this record company also has their tracks available on Deezer, Groove etc? Why only have an issue with Spotify?

My guess: Because Spotify is almost 10 times bigger than the other ones except Apple Music (which VDJ doesn't support)

groovindj wrote :

Also, why do they have a problem with VDJ but not Algoriddim's software?

My guess: Because Algoriddim has almost no penetration in the Pro DJ world at the moment
I don't have any official graph for that, though

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:12 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
My guess: Because Algoriddim has almost no penetration in the Pro DJ world at the moment

According to them, they are number 1. ROFL!

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:24 pm
While I generally own music the spotify integration got me out of a serious pickle the other day....

Playing at a friends wedding I'd got their playlist prior, bought the tracks I wanted Zip-a-dee-doo-dah... half way through the evening (well actually rather later and more well oiled) the bride comes up and requests her favourite favourite song..... which was not on the play list.... cue the Bridezilla death stare..... but Spotify integration to the rescue and everyone was happy and jumping around (it even got played twice in a row!!)...

So I have already found it really useful playing live as well as prior for checking out tracks, mixes etc - so I'll really miss it (I'd been hoping it would come for an age....) :-(

In fact I'll miss it so much that I am thinking of trying out moving to Deezer but I've never tried it out. So could anyone give me a heads up on what it's like? How does it compare to Spotify? What is the Track selection like? (I have used content unlimited before but because of the types and sheer variety of music I need to call on for what I do didn't find it all that useful...)

Thanks for any help, pointers or advice anyone can give!

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:47 pm
So what was her favourite favourite song?

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:49 pm
Deezer is basically Spotify with a different name.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:50 pm
That loads a lot faster. You asked for advice. Take some of the money you made from the wedding, and try Deezer for a month. Next time, have a complete consultation with the bride, so you will have her favorite, favorite song. Her mother's, grandmother's, and any other favorite song.

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 6:01 pm
Wasn't being paid for it - just doing it as a favour for a friend :-)

And I had asked for the lists.... but it added a bit of fun, drama and jeopardy extricating myself from that one! Everyone was still dancing when the venue asked us to vamousse - so can't have done anything too wrong.... ;-)

As I say it was just an example of being grateful for the Spotify integration...

geposted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 9:43 pm
danceitation wrote :
While I generally own music the spotify integration got me out of a serious pickle the other day....

Playing at a friends wedding I'd got their playlist prior, bought the tracks I wanted Zip-a-dee-doo-dah... half way through the evening (well actually rather later and more well oiled) the bride comes up and requests her favourite favourite song..... which was not on the play list.... cue the Bridezilla death stare..... but Spotify integration to the rescue and everyone was happy and jumping around (it even got played twice in a row!!)...

So I have already found it really useful playing live as well as prior for checking out tracks, mixes etc - so I'll really miss it (I'd been hoping it would come for an age....) :-(

In fact I'll miss it so much that I am thinking of trying out moving to Deezer but I've never tried it out. So could anyone give me a heads up on what it's like? How does it compare to Spotify? What is the Track selection like? (I have used content unlimited before but because of the types and sheer variety of music I need to call on for what I do didn't find it all that useful...)

Thanks for any help, pointers or advice anyone can give!

^^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!!^^^^^ I spend a lot of money on music every month and can't have everything. It's times like these that I needed Spotify. Thanks to Spotify, I was able to get turned on to a lot of Brazilian music that my crowd was requesting. That was just one of the reasons that my venue started selling out on the weekends because word got out that I had the music they were looking for. You can't beat that kind of word of mouth.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 10:02 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
TDBennett wrote :

TDBennett wrote :
When/if djay Pro supports my NS6 on Windows I will be purchasing the app for Win10..

I have a feeling that if the record company notice djay Pro, they will be next to be blocked

I read the link above, thanks.
If the right deal is made we will have Spotify.
And why wouldn't record companies know about djay Pro? I'm pretty sure the tight asses keep tabs on any and every way their products are consumed.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 11:33 pm
TDBennett wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
TDBennett wrote :

TDBennett wrote :

If the right deal is made we will have Spotify.

What? You mean with the record companies? One by one?
Because if the record companies tell Spotify not to let VDJ use Spotify content, there really can't be a deal with Spotify
Spotify then has no mandate to make a deal

geposted Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 3:16 pm
I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else, trying to explain that there is hope for Spotify integration with VDJ. The deal has been made by at least one app developer, which means, maybe Atomix can make a deal too.
I have no idea if Spotify can do it the way Atomix wants, or if Atomix can or will do it the way that Spotify specifies, but Spotify IS used in another application without any issues other than you cannot cache files which makes an active internet connection a requirement.

There may not be a deal that Atomix and Spotify can agree to. So be it, I do keep a proper library of mp3s.

Good luck, I hope this works out for Atomix.

geposted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 2:36 pm
TDBennett wrote :
There may not be a deal that Atomix and Spotify can agree to

No, if the record companies ban them from doing so, I guess there isn't
Again: You are barking up the wrong tree

geposted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 2:41 pm
74%