Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video stutters while recording live set (Mac)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all,

2012 MacBook Pro w/Retina, 16GB RAM, running El Capitan.

I am trying to record my live video sets while spinning video at a club (mp4). I have turned down the screen resolution (external monitor) to as low as the club will let me (1280x720), turned down the recording resolution as low as it will go (640x480) and still, every second or two the video freezes for a few frames, both on the screen and in my recording. As soon as I stop recording, things go back to normal.

Interestingly enough, the CPU meter never gets past 60% or so, so I don't think this is a CPU issue.

Any ideas?

geposted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 2:50 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Have you set the DXVA settings to no ?

geposted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 4:36 pm
freppa wrote :
Have you set the DXVA settings to no ?

This is a Windows setting, I'm on a Mac.

geposted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 8:22 pm
My mistake! The DXVA option is present on Mac, but I doubt it will make any difference as it's Direct-X is only for Windows. Will give it a try later tonight to test, thanks for the suggestion.

geposted Mon 24 Apr 17 @ 8:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The setting is used for enabling hardware-accelerated decoding on mac as well.
My guess is that turning it off will only make it worse though, as encoding already uses the cpu, so having decoding on the cpu as well will probably not make it better.
It is worth a try to disable it though, in case there is some other incompatibility with your gpu.
At the moment hardware-accelerated encoding is not yet supported on mac.

geposted Tue 25 Apr 17 @ 6:16 am
This worked for me a while back when I had the same issue - I'm running on a Mac

geposted Tue 25 Apr 17 @ 9:58 am
Tried the DXVA setting in both on and off positions and it didn't make a difference. It seems to be a stutter every second or two that coincides with the mp4 increasing in size, which points to the encoding process. Weird because the CPU meter remains low.

I'm probably going to be getting one of the new 2016 MacBook Pros so hopefully this will be solved by upgrading to a faster machine.

geposted Sun 30 Apr 17 @ 8:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)