Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Connecting to decks and mixer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone,

I have two Pioneer CDJ2000NXS decks and a Pioneer DJM-900NXS mixer that I would like to use with VDJ. I have a Pro Infinity licence so I'm sure its possible, but I don't know what connections to make. Is there a standard guide on how I can use this hardware with VDJ? If not, can somebody please shed some light on how I could go about this?

Thanks,
Av

geposted Wed 24 May 17 @ 9:35 am
The preferred method of connecting your equipment is to use the two cdj 2000 nexus players in HID mode and to use the mixer as the soundcard. You should connect the cdj's to your laptop via a USB hub and connect the to connect the mixer to a separate USB port on your laptop.

geposted Thu 25 May 17 @ 2:21 am
I would say that the "preferred" way is to use the audio interface in each CDJ, then feed the CDJ outputs to the mixer in the same way as you would when playing CDs or USB directly from the CDJs.

No need to involve the mixer (USB) with VDJ at all. Just set the audio config in VDJ to "external mixer".

geposted Thu 25 May 17 @ 6:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Connecting the mixer as well has the advantage that you skip the analog audio part from the cdj's to the mixer, and that vdj is aware of the fader positions, which can be useful for load security, auto video fader, better automatic track title listing when recording, ...

geposted Thu 25 May 17 @ 6:58 pm
You could also skip the analog part by connecting the digital outputs of the CDJs to the digital inputs of the DJM...

geposted Thu 25 May 17 @ 7:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)