Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The worst feeling ever - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

This is the story on why I will never use VDJ again.

Mid rave, totally pumped; the crowd dancing, myself dancing on the stage, everyone having a great time. It was all going great, then suddenly an audio blackout! Everything stopped, killed the vibe completely. Who do I have to blame? Atomix of course! The software completely stopped working!

Short story right? Well here's how it gets better! You know that controller everyone calls shit? The one I own? Yep! That would be the Gemini GMX! It saved my ass with the built in media player and I used it the rest of the 1 hour 30 minutes I had.

I bid Atomix and VDJ a not so fond farewell, I vouch for Gemini, and I would hope people take this as a warning!

I had an amazing image of me flipping off the camera in front of my sexy media player doing all the work VDJ couldn't, but I won't post it because I'm not that crude.

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 5:17 pm
I notice the two stars of a home user and ask myself why anyone should feel sympathetic to someone who it looks like is blatantly violating the EULA.

meanwhile no mention of what kind of computer he's using

I have many amazing pictures (and videos) I can share.. most of them look like this:

or this...

Does having a full Pro license make a difference or is it being prepared and knowing how to use the software and equipment I'm making a living with?
the very... and I mean VERY few times I have had any issues they were solved quickly and believe it or not I had more issues with vdj7 over the years that I have had with 8.2. and most of THOSE issues with either software were user error.

did I blame the software for my not being prepared and music stopping? no. that's why you have a backup ready to go and then the show goes on with minimal interruption and then afterward you troubleshoot what happened so you know the actual cause to prevent it ever happening again.

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 5:34 pm
Hahaa!! This is funny!

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 7:44 pm
Next.

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 7:55 pm
djeddie1216 wrote :

Mid rave, totally pumped; the crowd dancing, myself dancing on the stage, everyone having a great time. It was all going great, then suddenly an audio blackout! Everything stopped, killed the vibe completely. Who do I have to blame?

Actually this is the story why you should quit dj-ing unless you are willing to change your attitude.

Every piece of equipment is bound to fail at some point.
Tape decks, turntables, CD players, controllers, computers, media players, multi-format players e.t.c. they can ALL fail.
You may want to search YouTube for some famous equipment failures. You will find Cdj' s failing on Tiesto and Guetta, Ableton on a MAC failing on Steve Aoki etc (just to name a few)
You know what makes these dj's professionals?
They didn't blame the equipment. They just learn to deal with it and they keep on rocking their crowds.
Did Tiesto stop using Pioneer CDJ2000NXS because they failed mid-gig ? Of course not.
Did he try to blame Pioneer? No. Did he try to blame ANYONE else ? No. Did his career come to an end because the CDJ failed? No.

So... no matter what equipment you'r gonna use it can (and will) fail. And when the next piece of equipment fails the only one to blame is your attitude.

Because once you change it you can learn how to get over such things. And how to minimise their chance to happen again.

:)

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 9:45 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Here we go again.

VDJ8.2 is fantastic software with capabilities which exceed all others. But these capabilities are becoming increasingly difficult to manage. The Internet is a destabilizing factor. Some might argue that a "top of the range laptop" is the solution to the demands which can result in a crash. I'd argue that any laptop with a Microsoft firewall which had more traffic than a railway station is always tip toeing next to a disaster. Now all the major DJ software manufacturers offer advice about optimizing a laptop. This is a must in my mind. However, here we often push the argument that what is required is a more powerful laptop. Atomix needs to seriously think, and offer advice about how to manage the operating system their software operates within. Just recently I pointed out that Win 7 updates were not working however the thread was locked by the moderator, he and the staff argued it was not pertinent to this forum. I'd guess It's a critical issue for about half the VDJ user base. Sad.

Note: Perhaps Atomix should put the skill of their staff behind the user VDJ optimizer offering in the Addons?

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 10:43 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
wildcountryclub +1

I think you're showing us a glimpse of the future.

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 10:47 pm
Guy's I think this is the story in Balamory!

geposted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 11:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Could be an under spec laptop or a USB dropout, or a huge ego that momentarily interrupted the electrical field.

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 1:07 am
DJ FusiPRO InfinityMember since 2005
bagpuss wrote :

Could be an under spec laptop or a USB dropout, or a huge ego that momentarily interrupted the electrical field.

He said ''myself dancing on the stage, everyone having a great time. It was all going great''
Could it be that he didnt insert the usb all the way and the monitor vibration unplugged it and his dance on the stage unplugged it.
I hope we will never have to know, because we don't want to know the reason, because he is our new DJ leader and when there is trouble we just change to another software and everything are gonna be alright :) :) :)

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 2:54 am
I would like to complain too.. in 2006 . I had a desk top and it ran so hot on its 12$ cpu that I could cook hot dogs on it.. In real life I posted on here a picture of me doing it. since then computers have come a long way and so has virtual dj and all the addons. Virtual dj loved the find food thing so much it was added some where a long time ago. does this still exist or am i going to have to find a old toasted computer to make dj booth hotdogs. Due to things changing i have only had one crash ever it was due to a girl and baby oil.. yes, its true. but since the new laptop and program im well into 1000 nights of no issues. respect to the team...

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 6:12 am
bigron1 wrote :
Here we go again.

VDJ8.2 is fantastic software with capabilities which exceed all others. But these capabilities are becoming increasingly difficult to manage. The Internet is a destabilizing factor. Some might argue that a "top of the range laptop" is the solution to the demands which can result in a crash. I'd argue that any laptop with a Microsoft firewall which had more traffic than a railway station is always tip toeing next to a disaster. Now all the major DJ software manufacturers offer advice about optimizing a laptop. This is a must in my mind. However, here we often push the argument that what is required is a more powerful laptop. Atomix needs to seriously think, and offer advice about how to manage the operating system their software operates within. Just recently I pointed out that Win 7 updates were not working however the thread was locked by the moderator, he and the staff argued it was not pertinent to this forum. I'd guess It's a critical issue for about half the VDJ user base. Sad.

Note: Perhaps Atomix should put the skill of their staff behind the user VDJ optimizer offering in the Addons?

Please...
DO NOT HIJACK THREADS. Consider this as a final warning! You have been warned about this several times
This thread has NOTHING to do with computer specs (we don't know what computer he was using), internet usage (we don't know if he was on-line or not) or optimization. In fact the only thing we know is that his music stopped. Perhaps the track ended and VirtualDj was not smart enough to know that the dj/operator was busy dancing with the crowd, load a new super hit, mixmatch and play it live while dropping some samples ? We don't know!

As for your whining:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20Optimize.html
and finally:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/81/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support.html

We provide generic optimization hints both for PC and MAC on our WiKi
We provide customized support (which includes customized optimization / troubleshooting tips) on our forum.
We also provide technical support via http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html which includes literally everything. From wrong settings to wrong computer setup.

Now please let this subject go, or use one of the other threads you started about this. But please don't HIJACK other threads.

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 7:04 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 7:48 am
Not because the CDJ's failed on him though... :P

In this case most likely we're talking about some serious $$$ contracts in order to promote the gear.

But eitherway, Tiesto didn't stop using CDJ's because they failed on him.

Tiesto changed his gear to Denon SC-5000 for various other reasons (being under contract or not). After all, CDJ's failed on him about 3 years ago... :P

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:00 am
I suspect Tiesto changed to Denon by getting paid quite a lot of money rather than falling out of love with Pioneer.

I hope he's enjoying the half baked Engine software on his nice new shiny decks :)

Regarding the OP, that attitude is hilarious. I had a freeze (either with VDJ or the laptop itself) at my gig on Saturday night. I was playing the video for Despacito and everything froze half way through but the music continued. I just had 30 seconds of chat on the mic, made a joke about Justin Bieber and it was rebooted and back in no time. It's not what happens it's how you deal with the situation.

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:01 am
Phantom I agree with you it's same with Laidback Luke, probably Pioneer did not wanna to pay them because simply Pioneer is Pioneer everybody knows it , I think personally Pioneer don't need to advertise it any more...
One advice for the guy who bashing the software first if you wanna use the software professionally then buy VDJ 8 pro and second get the controller with stand alone mixer in case of crashing where you can connect I pad , I phone,etc .....so you can reboot the computer....
Anyway I had never ever had a crashing with vdj8.2 I must say that I had one crash with vdj 7 long ago because I did not upgrade new firmware for controller and that was my mistake .. I'm talking about audio only don't know for video format.....

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 9:09 am
i'm still wondering how far into his "set" he was before his home version crapped out on him... or was it a crack? we may never know.

@tycoonentertainmentcanada - no need to break out the hot dogs - get food is still there!

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 4:39 pm
This escalated quickly. I'll clear lots of things up:

- LE license (No it's not cracked, it came with the controller)

- The gig was a volunteer job

- Everything was plugged in

- Restarted it multiple times/checked audio outputs/plugged and unplugged

- MacBook with OS X 10.7 (specs meet the requirements)

- Latest Virtual DJ

Any other questions?

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:45 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Perhaps the track ended and VirtualDj was not smart enough to know that the dj/operator was busy dancing with the crowd, load a new super hit, mixmatch and play it live while dropping some samples ? We don't know!

I'm quite offended at this entire thread. I do all my mixing myself, hence why I was able to use the player without the software afterwards.

Edit:

I was still on-stage

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:48 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
djeddie1216 wrote :

Mid rave, totally pumped; the crowd dancing, myself dancing on the stage, everyone having a great time. It was all going great, then suddenly an audio blackout! Everything stopped, killed the vibe completely. Who do I have to blame?

Actually this is the story why you should quit dj-ing unless you are willing to change your attitude.

Every piece of equipment is bound to fail at some point.
Tape decks, turntables, CD players, controllers, computers, media players, multi-format players e.t.c. they can ALL fail.
You may want to search YouTube for some famous equipment failures. You will find Cdj' s failing on Tiesto and Guetta, Ableton on a MAC failing on Steve Aoki etc (just to name a few)
You know what makes these dj's professionals?
They didn't blame the equipment. They just learn to deal with it and they keep on rocking their crowds.
Did Tiesto stop using Pioneer CDJ2000NXS because they failed mid-gig ? Of course not.
Did he try to blame Pioneer? No. Did he try to blame ANYONE else ? No. Did his career come to an end because the CDJ failed? No.

So... no matter what equipment you'r gonna use it can (and will) fail. And when the next piece of equipment fails the only one to blame is your attitude.

Because once you change it you can learn how to get over such things. And how to minimise their chance to happen again.

:)

I do greatly apologize to everyone for the attitude. If you couldn't notice, I was quite pissed. On top of it all, it was my first public gig.

I'll lighten the mood with an image from later on: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVxmVGYF9W2/

geposted Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:50 pm
43%