Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: how to set the computer so that no other computer sounds will go through my controller during an event? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

just wondering about this,
i dont want my facebook notifications or any other things to come through the main sound output of my controller in the middle of a gig
how do i set things to prevent it?

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:03 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
just wondering about this,
i dont want my facebook notifications or any other things to come through the main sound output of my controller in the middle of a gig
how do i set things to prevent it?

Normally it prevents itself, so that your OS sounds continues to use the built-in soundcard on the laptop, and VDJ is setup to use the soundcard in your controller, which is (normally) the one hooked up to the speakers

But you can change the exclusiveAudioAccess setting to Yes in VDJ to make sure

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:10 pm
A related question, if the built in soundcard is disabled in BIOS does Windows accept to have no available or default soundcard while controller is assigned to VDJ ?

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 3:51 pm
Only if Exclusive Access or ASIO drivers are used.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 4:26 pm
Ok so if using wasapi on the mc6000 and have no other soundcard available, windows will use that as default and not able to turn off that for windows sounds ?

(If excl access off)

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 4:42 pm
Just choose to have no Windows sounds in your Personalization (theme) area of Control Panel.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 4:44 pm
MrJackson2014 wrote :
Ok so if using wasapi on the mc6000 and have no other soundcard available, windows will use that as default and not able to turn off that for windows sounds ?

(If excl access off)

The real issue are not Windows sounds. As groovindj said
groovindj wrote :
Just choose to have no Windows sounds in your Personalization (theme) area of Control Panel.

The real issue is that Windows WILL use the soundcard for ANY application that requests to playback sound... Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Skype, e.t.c. Any application that asks to play a sound will make Windows to play that sound through your "default playback device"

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 4:50 pm
My concerns and resulting question was to make sure windows does not use or cause a conflict with the soundcard in the controller.
I have turned off windows sounds long time ago, but if an application wants to play sound as Phantom mentions, windows will try to play through the soundcard.

I have no interest in Windows sounds, my PC's are all configured to use with controllers, with built-in soundcards, like MCX8000 and MC6000mk1.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 6:34 pm
You should enable your computer's / laptop's built in soundcard and set that soundcard as the default playback device on Windows.
This way, no matter how or why Windows try to play a sound you can be sure that they won't come out of your controller's soundcard.
Simple! :)

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 6:53 pm
When I'm DJing with Virtual DJ I just never run any other software - simple as that.

If I'm DJing then that's all I'm doing. No Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 7:24 pm
Just shows you how different we all are. I run VDJ, Opera browser, external HD monitor for video, Whatsapp and a remote RDP session for my Samsung tablet if required.

Never have any problems at all.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 7:33 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You should enable your computer's / laptop's built in soundcard and set that soundcard as the default playback device on Windows.
This way, no matter how or why Windows try to play a sound you can be sure that they won't come out of your controller's soundcard.

Yes, it's simple but not self explanatory.
My approach is to disable things that is not necessary in order to free up resources and drivers that I have no use of. (DPC latency)
The same I do with bluetooth, wifi, SD card readers and so on. Why have drivers running for no use?
In this case I might need to bring the internal soundcard on.

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 8:01 pm
Honestly, disabling built-in soundcard in order to "free-up resources" is like trying to lightweight a car by removing the ashtray. Sure the car gets lighter, but the impact is practically 0

geposted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 8:16 pm
so i tried to set virtual dj to "exclusive" audio the other night while playing a gig, but it seemed as though my system didnt like that very much, it appeared as though there were some wierd glitchy sounds blurting out of the main output even with volume turned down. i restarted VDJ twice to see if it helped but it didnt, i need to do some more home testing before i can verify this. for the moment i opted to uncheck that box again. but ideally i want to be able to navigate and do other things on my computer during events and it seems as though using the "no sounds" profile on the laptop still doesnt stop sounds generated by the browser for example.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 11:56 am
Matty1000 wrote :
i need to do some more home testing before i can verify this.

This is the key to happiness. I also like to do other things, and do not have this issue. Are you saying that you have turned off all Windows sounds in Windows, exclusiveAudio Access to yes, and you are still getting other audio sounds?

geposted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 7:54 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
This is the key to happiness. I also like to do other things, and do not have this issue. Are you saying that you have turned off all Windows sounds in Windows, exclusiveAudio Access to yes, and you are still getting other audio sounds?

yes , it appeared as though i was, and only when i pressed play on the tracks from within VDJ, but even when i had the fader turned down.
it was the kind of sound like if a track played at full volume for just one split second, long enough to get a wierd "blurt" of noise but short enough to not be possible to distinguish what it was. it would repeat then at random intervals every few seconds

now, there was a live band playing at the time, so these sounds were spilling over that as i was preparing my music with the volume turned down, but band members were looking at me as though to say, what is that?
and I was thinking the same thing ,hence why i need to do some more home testing to confirm. but it certainly only happened when i was pressing play, and definitely went away when i returned the settings to not exclusive

and yes, i have windows sound profile set to "no sounds"

i had tried this by the way, at home before the event, but not with the controller connected, so maybe this new variable has introduced a problem that i had not forseen.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 17 @ 10:35 pm
rzzbomControlleristMember since 2017
how do I ADD ITUNES PLAYLIST

geposted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 2:42 am
A good start would be not to hijack someone elses thread with a totally unrelated post.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 7:57 am
Matty1000 wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :

yes , it appeared as though i was, and only when i pressed play on the tracks from within VDJ, but even when i had the fader turned down.
it was the kind of sound like if a track played at full volume for just one split second, long enough to get a wierd "blurt" of noise but short enough to not be possible to distinguish what it was. it would repeat then at random intervals every few seconds

now, there was a live band playing at the time, so these sounds were spilling over that as i was preparing my music with the volume turned down, but band members were looking at me as though to say, what is that?
and I was thinking the same thing ,hence why i need to do some more home testing to confirm. but it certainly only happened when i was pressing play, and definitely went away when i returned the settings to not exclusive

and yes, i have windows sound profile set to "no sounds"

i had tried this by the way, at home before the event, but not with the controller connected, so maybe this new variable has introduced a problem that i had not forseen.

It sounds like Windows is using your controller soundcard. Did you select Windows default soundcard to the pc built-in soundcard?

geposted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 8:06 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Yes, this was stated in post above.

geposted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 9:40 pm
95%