Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to split tracks and merge

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've found limited info on this. What I am trying to do seems simple.

I simply want to take a track. Cut out the parts I don't want. Then merge the parts I want to keep with other parts from other tracks and make one track out of the segments.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

geposted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 9:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no Editor within VirtualDJ to merge parts from different tracks.
Track Cleaner Editor allows you to cut parts that you dont want and come up with a new track edit version.
Video Editor allows you to overlay other audio, text and image, but probably not useful in your case.

Not sure what exactly do you want to achieve, but what you could do is to ..
- record those 2 tracks into 1 : so start recording, play track 1, then when it ends, play track nr.2.
- stop recording
- open the recorded track with Track Cleaner and cut the parts that you want.

geposted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 10:18 pm
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to use a third party app.

geposted Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 11:34 pm
Audacity would do what you want, and its free

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 7:38 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I have simplified this with thing with Cue Edit on ONE SONG, I do this all the time with my music, both audio and video.

Use cue edit and use the type action then, goto_cue 1 etc.. (the cue you want to jump to)

My recommendation for this is, before I go into action type (in Cue mode) I set the color as all my jumps are (I use white) and set all cue points from 11 and above, in that way I cant trigger some jump cues and I can clearly see my white jump points on the player screen.

In that way you can edit your song as much you want between cue/action points.

I would like to ask Dev Team if we could have color setting in action mode?

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 5:03 pm
@webcoreinc you might want to have a look at using Acid software (now owned by Magix). It's good when it comes to slicing things up and merging them with other tracks, loops, samples etc.

Ableton Live is worth a mention too.

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 5:29 pm
Thanks groovindj.

I actually downloaded Audacity and just cut and pasted into on project then faded in and out.
My only purpose was to take parts of sets i like and put into one set so i can just let it play at parties.

I eventually want to get into making my own sets, I just don't have the time right now.

Thanks to everyone for the help. Great community here.

geposted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 7:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)