Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Gate and Echo Out (Freeze Delay) effect for VDJ 8(.2) ? - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi
I've searched the forum (and the ADDONS/VDJ8 page on the VDJ website) but I can seem to find any Gate FX to use in VDJ8.2.
The last forum-post about a gate effect dates from 2012 ...
I'm looking for a simple Gate effect, with adjustable settings (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 beat).
I tried the 'Transform' effect, but that effect only affects beat-parts of music (when there is no beat (for example only synth) in the music the effect doesn't do anything).
I'm also searching for a Echo Out effect (like in Traktor Pro: Freeze Delay): 1 button effect with adjustable (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 beat) parameters. When button pushed, Echo kicks in and music stops, leaving only Echo to continue and slowly fading out by volume or (HF, LF) filter (fade length adjustable via parameter) (Pre Fader).

Would love to hear suggestions

Greetz
Kristof

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 2:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not true, the transform effect and audiocut 8 follow the cbg beat or no beat, the only time they don't work is if you call either effect before the point that is recognized as the first beat.

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 3:16 pm

Where do I find the 'audio cut 8' effect ? Did a search on the Virtual DJ 8 ADD-ON / Effects-page but no result (neither on the Virtual DJ 7 ADD-ON / Effects-page) ...

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 6:25 pm
Tested Transform again, with the given info by Locodog. The issue is indeed due to fact that in some cases (when song beginning with a synth of a capella), the first beat (red line-marker in POI) is set AFTER the synth or a capella. And as it seems (and mentioned by Locodog), Transform is applied from the first beat on (red line-marker in POI).

So, is there a gate effect that functions on the beatgrid (tempo), wherever the first-beat-marker may has been set ?
(So also BEFORE the frist-beat-point)

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 7:21 pm
The regular echo works as a echo out when you set fxProcessing to post fader
Here is an example:

Remember that just about everything in VDJ is programmable
So for instance if you want to combine post fader echo with stopping the track instead of stopping it manually, you can program something (a keyboard key, a custom button, a button on your controller or a button on a custom pad page) to something like this, which starts the effect and stops the track after 100ms, but the post fader setting then lets the echo continue:
effect_active 1 'echo' & repeat_start 'stop' 100ms 1 & stop

You can even combine it with setting the echo strength and length so it's always the same when you press the button.
That'll be something like:
effect_slider 1 1 75% & effect_slider 1 2 50% & effect_active 1 'echo' & repeat_start 'stop' 100ms 1 & stop

Of course you can change the values in all scripts as you like

geposted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 7:25 pm
Thanks for the echo-syntax Klaus. Works perfect !
And it's how I wanted it to be (with some minor value-changes for my personal requirements).

I appreciate your help !

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 3:49 pm
Also remember, vdj plugins aren't the whole story when it comes to fx, vdj supports VST (pc & mac) & AudioUnits (mac specific).
There are thousands out there, many quality ones for free, (I use neon gate & another that I can't remember the name of, aswell as audioCut 8 & transform)

I actually pulled SBDJ (vdj's fx creator) of the first beat bug, I never got a reason for why, i'd guess the code may get messy for some cases when working across the - beat to the +beat.

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 5:53 pm
locodog wrote :
Also remember, vdj plugins aren't the whole story when it comes to fx, vdj supports VST (pc & mac) & AudioUnits (mac specific).
There are thousands out there, many quality ones for free, (I use neon gate & another that I can't remember the name of, aswell as audioCut 8 & transform)

I actually pulled SBDJ (vdj's fx creator) of the first beat bug, I never got a reason for why, i'd guess the code may get messy for some cases when working across the - beat to the +beat.

what Ive come to understand after testing numerous delay/echo vst none other than the stock echo work in post fader style. Hopefully, they will design true post fader fx.

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 9:16 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
locodog wrote :

what Ive come to understand after testing numerous delay/echo vst none other than the stock echo work in post fader style. Hopefully, they will design true post fader fx.

I don't think it's possible if the vst effect uses it's own internal buffers. I could be wrong though
Anyway... I tested a couple of .vst delays and they did work with the current post fader effect prosessing in VDJ

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:08 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
locodog wrote :

I don't think it's possible if the vst effect uses it's own internal buffers. I could be wrong though
Anyway... I tested a couple of .vst delays and they did work with the current post fader effect prosessing in VDJ

They work but not in true post fader fashion. Except once you turn the effect off the trails end also...

geposted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 11:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Vst effects should all work post fader. Any specific example plugin we can try?

geposted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 2:48 am
Quote :
They work but not in true post fader fashion. Except once you turn the effect off the trails end also...

Isn't thst the same as in the real world?

If you have a physical effect unit doing an echo post fader, and stop or turn down the track, the echo continues. But if you turn off the effect unit itself the echo stops dead because there is nothing to continue it

That sounds reasonable to me...

geposted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 6:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ah yes didn't read correctly. Turning an effect on or off has nothing to do with faders.

Edit: VDJ8 effects are able to extend processing a little bit after the effect is turned off, like the native echo effect does when trailing stop is enabled.
VST effects do not offer such functionality, but I think there will probably be vst effects that have similar functionality by using a knob or button inside the effect to cut the input from feeding the delay.

geposted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 6:54 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Quote :

Isn't thst the same as in the real world?

If you have a physical effect unit doing an echo post fader, and stop or turn down the track, the echo continues. But if you turn off the effect unit itself the echo stops dead because there is nothing to continue it

That sounds reasonable to me...

Okay lets educate
Prefader is like inline processing the signal always running through the effect processor and will effect the signal when activated, you can stop the signal and get trails. But if you turn off the processor the effect stops you only have the signal.

Post fader is like side processing you have the signal now that signal is routed the same, through the line fader, then the crossfader but the processor is set to the side and basically always on it will only affect what is sent to it(punch-in and punch-out) and will send its own output to the master output bypassing line faders and crossfader. So you get your trails no matter what you do to the signal. And yes if you turn off the processor the effect stops. But the object as in a studio the processor is never off its just waiting for you to send it a signal. So with dj software when you click effect "on" it should only send a signal to the processor for as long as the button is on acting as punch-in and out sending the signal to processor, processor output to main

Virtualdj effects are inline and tho the stock echo does act in post fader its the only echo that will work as true post fader I think its audio was written to output to master you cant make those routing changes in a vst, if there is one let me know. A vst that will let me route its output to master.
Im trying to make use of the echo effect tho I wish I could use echodoppler instead. but if I want a postfader echo Im stuck with the stock. And thats cool too......

geposted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 9:55 am
Estou a pedir o efeito BPF ECHO para o virtual dj 8.2

geposted Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 1:34 pm
hello everyone , i can not find transform vst at all !!!!!! any help please !!1

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 8:53 pm
You can use the native cut effect that is in recent releases.

geposted Tue 15 May 18 @ 11:02 pm
Oi tudo bem e que eu tou a dias tentando activar o efeito #echo para activar no botão mas não consigo
Thanks

geposted Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 6:26 am
deleted... didn't realise it was an old thread.

geposted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 7:33 am
mia erwtisi....mporw na perasw ena effect toy tractor sto virtual;;

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 10:34 pm
95%