Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Topic: Volume level changing/spiking by itself?
This has happend on multiple occasions now. A few hours into a gig the volume level on an already playing track will quickly increase. I will have to ride the channel slider on the mixer to bring it down then back up after it goes back to normal again. Any suggestions?

Equipment:
Laptop: Win 10 64bit, Intel i5 with 12 MB Ram
Denon MC6000 mixer using Deneo asio driver

geposted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 12:20 pm
check the limiter

geposted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 2:05 pm
The limiter on the software? If so what setting should it be on? I do not use an external one in my setup/ sound chain, never needed it before.

geposted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 2:55 pm
using the default skin check to see if the limiter is engaging. if it is your tracks are clipping. Change Zero Db to a different setting

geposted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 12:20 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Does it happen when the file is not scanned yet?

geposted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 12:20 pm
It happened on tracks that had been scanned and previously played. Not at the start of the song, but part way through the song. I will watch for clipping at a gig I have today, I set up my system at home yesterday and played for hours with no issue. I've been using VDJ 8 since last fall did not have this issue till this June.

geposted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 1:14 pm
Any chance your controller volume fader has start wearing out?
Does this volume issue occurs on one deck only? Or all of them?

geposted Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 1:21 pm
It could be something on the slider of the mixer. Try it at home without the mixer

geposted Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 1:28 am
CubsFanHome userMember since 2016
It could be the power at the venue. Was it an old building?

geposted Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 3:31 am