Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ not responding to 'right click' and double click....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Not sure if this is skin related, but I've only noticed whilst trying to develop a new touch screen orientated skin..

When using 'right click' and 'double click' actions within VDJ my skin responds as expected when I'm using a mouse or pad on my laptop. The problem arises when I try to use these commands on a touch screen. They just don't respond at all!

The touch screen hardware is working ok, as everything acts as it should within the windows environment...

Any ideas? I'm stumped....

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 8:24 am
When you're using the touch screen, does VDJ know it's running on a touch screen?

i.e. has the browser switched to grid view?

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 8:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
With touch you only have one type of touch, which is why right click is not working.
In the browser a long press will work to mimic a right click, but in the skin this is not the case because most buttons operate on touch rather than release, so at that time it's impossible to know if a right-click was meant instead. It would be further complicated by many actions which work temporarily such as cue which you would hold for a longer time without the intention of doing a right-click.

Double click is currently not implemented for touch either. It is something that could be added, but I'm not sure if it would be very useful practically.
The only time I've seen double-click working is in desktop applications for compatibility.
Looking at any app natively designed for touch, I don't think I've encountered many that use double-click, probably because it's not that intuitive.

@groovindj: As long as you have a touch-screen with proper operating support, vdj will always know that you're using a touch-screen.
The browser automatically switching to grid mode is only for convertibles, where you can remove or attach the keyboard, but it doesn't change the behavior of the touch-screen itself.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 9:02 am
Thank you for the clarification... a little skin re-coding required! :-)

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 9:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Btw, since it is a skin specific for touch use, long press on specific buttons for which it would make sense could be done using "holding ? long-press action : short-press action" instead.

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 9:21 am
I've never used that before, sounds like a plan.. Thanks! :-))

geposted Tue 01 Aug 17 @ 9:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)