Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: V DJ 8.2 Crashes when using NI Audio 2 mk II Driver, please help to Reset.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I recently bought the Traktor Audio 2 mk II audio interface so I can use it as a DAC/Amp with my new Headphones (and not for professional DJing).

I downloaded the driver from Native Instrument's Official Site and Installed it. When opening V DJ 8.2 it immediately recognized the Audio Interface and asked me if I wanted to use this device. I answered Yes, I could see the Interface's image in the Audio Settings, in the middle section that says CARD, where all the sound cards are shown and thought everything was going Great.

When using the Audio 2 mk II the sound was very good, but I couldn't configure the Device in V DJ's settings, then I Realized I had installed the Wrong driver, I had installed the previous Driver for Audio 2 DJ and not for Audio 2 mk II. So I Uninstalled the wrong one restarted my Laptop and Installed the Write one.

When I did this, I reopened V DJ, it did not ask me the same question as before, the sound is Great, I can Configure the Device in V DJ's settings, but the Audio Interface does not appear as an Image in the Audio Settings in the middle section where it says CARD, where all the Sound Cards are shown.

After that, when using V DJ only with my on-board sound card or with Audio 2 mk II it keeps Crashing !!!

I know I did something wrong to cause this, I never had this problem before with my other Interfaces, Hercules RMX 2 and Novation Audiohub or when using the on-board sound card.

Is there anyway to Reset V DJ so it can recognize the Audio mk 2 properly ???
because I think that there is an issue there, is somehow (stuck) ...!

or do I have to Uninstall and Reinstall V DJ from the beginning ...?

If there is a way to Reset please Help.

(My operating system is Windows 7, and V DJ 8.2 is at Build 3386)

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 2:57 am
P. S.

V DJ Crashes unexpectedly when I load a song onto the other Deck while a song is playing on the other, the program crashes-freezes a bit, making a disturbing noise, closes and re-opens by itself, from the beginning, with no tracks-songs loaded on either Deck.

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 6:02 am
As you describe it, it does sound like a problem with the new driver you installed
If it is a bad driver, the may not be a lot you can do from within VDJ
You can of course try changing latency and so on, to see if that somehow makes the driver stay alive

But if you were online one of the times it happened the crash report should have been sent to Atomix
That will make it possible for the support/dev people to see exactly where it happens
So you can then either raise a ticket with support, or wait for them to see this thread

If you do want to try and "reset" VDJ to start over, you can try removing \documents\virtualdj\settings.xml
Remember to back it up first so you can go back if needed
Then VDJ will complain a litte when you open it the first time, but if you just accept the warnings, and start using it and re-configure it, it will build a new settings.xml file
All the track file info (bpms and so on) is in the databse.xml file, so that won't be affected

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 6:56 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Crash reports well received.

Do you use master tempo?
Do you use songs with a sample rate different from 44100 Hz?

What is the value you use for "pitchQuality" , "sampleRate", "latency", "ultraLatency", "scratchFilterQuality" in the Vdj settings?
Could you take a screenshot with these values please.

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 12:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
3386 is quite old, so it might be good to try updating first

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 4:03 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

But if you were online one of the times it happened the crash report should have been sent to Atomix
That will make it possible for the support/dev people to see exactly where it happens
So you can then either raise a ticket with support, or wait for them to see this thread

If you do want to try and "reset" VDJ to start over, you can try removing \documents\virtualdj\settings.xml
Remember to back it up first so you can go back if needed
Then VDJ will complain a litte when you open it the first time, but if you just accept the warnings, and start using it and re-configure it, it will build a new settings.xml file
All the track file info (bpms and so on) is in the databse.xml file, so that won't be affected

Hello @klausmogensen,

It's not a problem removing the "settings.xml" file, I have V DJ installed on 2 Laptops with the exact same settings but I only used the Audio 2 mk II on one of my Laptops, the one that has these issues, so if anything has changed when using this device, I can always delete and copy the "settings.xml" file from my other Lapy.

As for the BPMs, I'm not so bothered, I can easily re-estimate them, it's just a matter of time for this.

If it solves all the issues, I'll try it, but I'll also wait for Support to see what they have to say.

Thank you for your time.

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 6:31 pm
djcel wrote :
Crash reports well received.

Do you use master tempo?
Do you use songs with a sample rate different from 44100 Hz?

What is the value you use for "pitchQuality" , "sampleRate", "latency", "ultraLatency", "scratchFilterQuality" in the Vdj settings?
Could you take a screenshot with these values please.

Hello @djcel,

I've sent you the snapshots you requested with the INFO.

Yes I do use Mastertempo, but never had an issue with it.

I only use songs with a smplerate 44100 and always had the setting at 44100, but now I noticed that it's on 48000.

Also, I saw Ultra-latency on "Yes", when I always had it on "No".

Latency is at "256" I think that's normal, default setting.

The rest of the Values you can see them on the snapshots.

Could all these Values have changed when installing-uninstalling drivers or when using the Audio 2 mk II ???

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 6:41 pm
Adion wrote :
3386 is quite old, so it might be good to try updating first

Hello Adion,

I prefer build 3386, for some reason it produces better sound quality with the Audio Interfaces that I use. It also works perfectly, never had an issue with the way I use it.

Whenever I have updated to the latest versions, the Mids and the Highs (Treble) are much to high, to elevated, to the point that I have to reduce them from my mixer.

I don't use Spotify, Content Unlimited or any of these services to play songs, maybe for that use the sound is perfect, but for my Audio Files It isn't.

I haven't Updated V DJ in more than 7 months, so I don't know if anything has changed sound quality wise.

geposted Sat 12 Aug 17 @ 6:56 pm
On my other Laptop, where I haven't connected the Audio 2 mk II (Lenovo), the Latency is Set at 512 and the Sample Rate is at 44100, where I always have it set.

But on my HP Laptop, the one I used this device, Latency is at 256 and Sample Rate at 48000.

As I mentioned before, both Laptops had the exact same settings in V DJ and now they differ ...!

Can an Audio Interface, just by connecting it, change the settings on it's own ???
(This has never happened with my other Audio Interfaces)

and if yes, by saving different configurations for each Audio Interface that I use, will the settings Change (be different) each time I change a configuration option (automatically) in the Audio Settings ???

I've also noticed that Ultra-Latency is activated "yes" on both Laptops, does this Option activate only if you are using ASIO Drivers ???

Because most of the crashes occur when using the Laptop's built in Sound Card.

geposted Sun 13 Aug 17 @ 10:56 pm
No answers or solutions ?

Has everybody gone on holiday ?

geposted Thu 17 Aug 17 @ 2:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Some may have, yes !

As Adion said, your Build is quite outdated, and its strongly advised to update to the latest one. In most cases, a crash report cannot be useful when it comes to an old Build, as it cant be used for debugging and further investigation.
You can try at least to see if it crashes and then go back to whatever Build you feel "safe". Crash appears to be on the Master Tempo engine and there have been several improvements in that field during the last Builds. In fact the latest Build offers an addtional PitchQuality value/mode (value 3) which you can try and see if any issues or sound improvements occur.

A couple more things/advises...
- See if you get the same crashes with ASIO.
- With the Audio 2 connected, open Windows Sound panel (from Control Panel) and set the built-in sound card of your computer as the default playback and recording device, in case the NI is selected.

geposted Thu 17 Aug 17 @ 4:35 pm
Hello @djdad

First... I'll try using the ASIO Driver with the Audio 2 mk II to see if if it works properly, then, I'll try using the ASIO Drivers with my other 2 Audio Interfaces to see if everything goes OK.

Second... I'll open Windows Sound Panel to see which Sound Card is selected as Default and make adjustments if needed.

Third... If all the above don't show any Improvements-Solutions & Crashes still occur, I'll Update to the Latest Builds on one of my Laptops and see how things go from there. I'll do the Update anyway to see how the Sound Quality is.

When using the Audio 2 mk II,
I have seen differences in the Settings-Options, different from the ones I have chosen.
Latency at 256 instead of 512 and Sample Rate at 48000 instead of 44100.

Can an Audio Interface make these changes by itself ?

and if Yes,
by using different Configurations in the Audio Settings for each Interface (Config 1, Config 2 .... Config 4), can the Options-Settings for each Config be different ???

In other words, can the Values-Settings in the Options & Tweaks be saved differently for each Config in the Audio Settings separately ??? So that each time we use a different Audio Interface the Settings change automatically with it ...?

This would be very useful ...!

geposted Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 2:09 am
Yes, each audio interface has it's own settings and values.
When you'r using ASIO drivers, ASIO is the MASTER that DICTATES the software what Sample Rate and Buffer to use.
When you'r using WASAPI, the software can instruct the sound interface to use a specific set (sample rate and buffer) but the audio interface must be able to accept it (in other words to support it). Otherwise it won't respect the instructions.

For sound interfaces with ASIO drivers you must use the ASIO panel to set your preferable options.
Mind you that not all interfaces support all options. For instance, one sound interface may accept only 48KHz as it's sample rate, while another only 44.100KHz.
Finally, while technically is possible to use 2 different sound interfaces at once with different sample rates, please AVOID doing that!

geposted Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 8:20 am
Uninstalled and Reinstalled Virtual DJ up to the Build that I was satisfied with, that worked best for me.

Made different Configurations in the Audio Settings for each Interface (Config1, Config2, Config3 ...etc), so the settings & Values each time are different for any Interface that I choose.

and the problem was Solved !!!
Virtual DJ is Running smoothly without any issues !!!

Sorry for delaying my Reply, I was very busy.

Thank you @PhantomDeejay for your Help and useful Info !

A Big Thanks for everyone's Time and Assistance.

geposted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 7:08 pm
and a Special Thanks to @djcel , @Adion , @djdad and @klausmogensen Also !!!

Thank you for Everything :-)

geposted Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 7:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)