Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content unlimited ! What a load of Sh... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Recently a friend of mine asked me to cancel his subscription to content unlimited Video because he can got on youtube and download them when gigging. Also the fact none he did download would play on VDJ 7 which je uses as a backup when 8 has issues and the cost is expensive given that you have to renew cache compared to some of the other legal sites.

I said I use Content unlimited audio , however after this weekend I realised what aload of crap it really is. I was doing a party and I was asked for two songs in the uk top 40 and no where to be found on content unlimited, shameful given the idea behind the service was to have songs to hand which DJs get caught out. As bad a the Karaoke service and understand why Atomix have included Spotify and Geezer links something I sure haven't signed up too but in future dropping content unlimited. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 3:47 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I am using Spotify as an additional backup, and it has saved me a couple of times.
Will try Deezer soon, as this site seems to grow fast and you can also play the saved files offline (I have heard).

You should check them out (30 days free).

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 4:19 pm
chriso710 wrote :
he can got on youtube and download them when gigging

Not legally he can't.

chriso710 wrote :
was asked for two songs in the uk top 40

If they're in the chart, you should have them already (purchased).

I check the charts for new entries every week and download them. That's all the charts, not just the pop one.

I also check various playlists (tracks that are being played before they chart) to keep on top of things.

If it's being played on the radio (etc) you can bet someone will ask for it. I'm surprised you don't keep up to date.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 4:31 pm
If there on youtube and the venue has a licence as with the dj then the grey area becomes clearer. As for already having them, nooooooooo thats why we pay for subscription.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 4:53 pm
Oh dear.

Rather than copy the info here, I suggest you (or he) digest the contents of the YouTube T&Cs.

The content is for personal, non commercial use, plus it's against theirT&Cs to "copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit".

Really it should be obvious to you (and him) in the first place. If it's free then it's NOT there for you/him to make money out of it!

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:02 pm
Not if your licenced too as already stated.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:05 pm
We're delighted to renew our successful partnership with the PRS for Music. This means the UK's music publishers, songwriters and composers can continue to reach new and existing fans on YouTube and the passionate YouTube community can keep enjoying listening to music and discovering new artists online.

Chris Maxcy, Director of Global Music Partnerships at YouTube

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:09 pm
Oh for goodness sake.

Read the terms and conditions!

What you're quoting is an agreement between PRS and YouTube. It's there because so many idiots upload copyrighted material to YouTube.

Rather than try to remove it all or ban every user who does it, YouTube are having to foot the bill.

That DOES NOT give you the right to use YouTube for commercial purposes!

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:24 pm
I'll have to go back to recording off the radio as your not happy some folk pay there PRS dues lol

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 5:41 pm
You can spin it anyway you want, but YouTube content is not for commercial use by DJs. The Contentent Unlimited subscription is $9.99 a month. What do you expect for that price? If you want to make money, spend the money. There are a variety of subscriptions available with VDJ, it's up to you to decide which one will work for you.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 7:24 pm
I know that mate , Seems though anyone who makes a statement same people jump down your throat so worth a wind up . Same People forget Netsearch that was etc was once streamed from youtube but they were happy to use it until licencing issues became the norm

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 7:41 pm
chriso710 wrote :
they were happy to use it

I never used Netsearch. No need, as I buy my music from a pro (non consumer) site that supplies to radio, TV etc.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:06 pm
The same people complained about Netsearch, the quality was not consistent, the versions weren't labeled, etc. It seems that everyone wants everything now and for free. I'm not jumping down anyone's throat, I'm just stating the facts. Music is not free, just because you have easy access to it. If you want to be a professional DJ, you have to spend money. If you spend the money on equipment (I just assume you paid for it), why not the content?

In a meeting this week, one of the managers in my club made a stupid remark about me making more money than he did. Wrong move. The language that I used cant be displayed here. I pointed out that not only do I work harder, but spend money to work here. So yes, I spend a lot of money on audio, video, and Karaoke content, but it pays for itself.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:13 pm
Man and his music. I wasn't referring to you . I originally bring up a point for discussion and I note same folk get on high horses if not inline with the their opinion as other mentioned before. Having been in the business for some years now and paying over £6000 in uk tax last year I find it some what bemusing someone jumps to assumptions and that because I mention I didn't have two songs someone requested I get back lask from North Korea. The fact that all DJs apart from one fails to update at some point and needs to rely on something I have paid for a long time and decided to use it and not got the two tunes, which just so happened are in the top uk top. So not worth paying for. For the fact you could go on youtube and get them says it all however just for the sake of peace with the North Koreans I didn't could had has the PRS licence allows too.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:27 pm
chriso710, on another note, why are you double posting? Is it by mistake?

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:39 pm
chriso710 wrote :
someone

It's OK, you can call me groovindj. I really don't mind.

chriso710 wrote :
I get back lask

You get what?

chriso710 wrote :
I didn't could had has

No, you've lost me completely now.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 8:56 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
chriso710, on another note, why are you double posting? Is it by mistake?

Yes mate sorry

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 9:07 pm
groovindj wrote :
chriso710 wrote :
someone

It's OK, you can call me groovindj. I really don't mind.

chriso710 wrote :
I get back lask

You get what?

chriso710 wrote :
I didn't could had has

No, you've lost me completely now.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 9:07 pm
Gentlemen, let's keep it civil.

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 9:34 pm
Hi Man and his music

Am I correct in thinking that you were involved with the Text to Screen software a few years back? If so was it that which gave Virtual Dj its Text to DJ idea. It came to mind earlier when I was looking some purchasing .

Thank you Chris

geposted Wed 16 Aug 17 @ 9:44 pm
65%