Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trying to remap controller buttons with complex VDJ script - help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all,

This is the second time in a row that I'm posting a mapping question, I hope you don't mind and are willing to help me with your valuable knowledge :-)

I recently bought a Denon MC6000MK2 and am now trying to change the default mapping of some buttons and knobs on the controller to suit my desires. However, this invariably means I have to deal with VDJscript, of which I have insufficient knowledge to get what I want.

Basically, with the controller layout and default 2-deck skin in mind, this is what I want to achieve:

• With the 'Beats' knob on each deck I'd like to browse through the available effects.
• With the left FX knob I'd like to control the P.1 knob on the skin - on each deck
• With the middle FX knob I'd like to control the P.2 knob on the skin - on each deck
• With the right FX knob I'd like to be able to adjust the volume of the sampler.
• With the 'ON' button just below the left FX knob I'd like to turn effects on and off - on each deck
• There are in total 8 small 'CH ASSIGN' buttons on the controller, 4 on the left deck and 4 on the right. I'd love to be able to assign 8 different samples from the samples bank to these buttons, and be able to instantly start the selected sample by pressing the corresponding button, with the pre-selected volume.
• With the TAP button on each deck, I'd like the BPM value of the currently loaded track to be adjusted automatically if I press it at least twice within 1,5 to 2 seconds (based on the time elapsed betweeen those two presses). Sometimes tracks have different BPM in certain sections and I want to be able to temporarily adjust the BPM value so that loops and samples are still in sync with the rhythm.
• I'd like the 'AUTO LOOP' button to behave like this on each deck: if no loop is active, make an automatic loop of 4 beats. If a loop is active, exit the loop. Currently, the button always makes an automatic loop of 4 beats if I press it once (whether a loop is active or not), and exits the loop if I press it again. I can't figure out how to change this behaviour.

The default scripts for most of these buttons and knobs are already very long and complex (I could post them here if needed of course), and I've worked on them a few hours to get the desired result, without success so far. So I'm hoping there are a few brilliant minds here who have mastered the VDJ scripting language well enough and are willing to save me more hours of fiddling, in exchange for some favor I can do in return.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help :-)

geposted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 1:53 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
• With the 'Beats' knob on each deck I'd like to browse through the available effects.

param_smaller 0 ? effect_select -1 : effect_select +1

What skin are you referring to?

geposted Wed 23 Aug 17 @ 4:30 pm
Hi Locodog,

Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know whether it works. The skin I'm referring to is the default 2-deck skin:

geposted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 8:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Oh you're using V7, I honestly can't remember a lot of the script, I know some of the things you want aren't easily done with V7.
I'd recommend using V8.2

Anyway
I'd like the 'AUTO LOOP' button...
Change the script to
loop ? loop 0 : loop 4

geposted Thu 24 Aug 17 @ 11:13 am
Hi locodog,

Sorry for the late reply. The two solutions you suggested worked perfectly, thanks a lot! If you happen to still remember the correct scripts for any of my other mapping wishes, please let me know :-)

geposted Wed 30 Aug 17 @ 2:32 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)